Tax software deals

TT Premier w/State at both Costco and Amazon is $69.99.

And Deluxe + State is $49.99 at Amazon (didn’t check Costco). I got it for $10 less last year so I’ll wait, but if I wanted to get started now, I’d just get it. I wonder how long before they no longer offer the disk version.

Last edited:
Thanks GS. The price for me was $22.49 (plus state tax).

Downloaded, CD burned, and started it running on Windows 7 (without argument, even though Win7 is not in the list of accepted OS's any more).

Now all I need to do is get my money back from Walmart and their horrific e-delivery mess. They'll probably find a way to email it to me (after 4 days of waiting), then I'll have two copies :facepalm:

Yeah. I expected the $22.49 final charge as well, but there were two other credits to my invoice of $1 and $1.50. I wasn't sure what they related to. Not related to the H&R deal I guess. I've already downloaded it and filled out the form with my estimates to determine what my final Q4 estimate should be.

And Deluxe + State is $49.99 at Amazon (didn’t check Costco). I got it for $10 less last year so I’ll wait, but if I wanted to get started now, I’d just get it. I wonder how long before they no longer offer the disk version.

No Jerry. Today(Cyber Monday) the Amazon price is $22.49 for Deluxe + State.

TT Premier w/State at both Costco and Amazon is $69.99.

I’ve never used tax prep software before but I’ll give this a try for 2020. I’m a Quicken for Windows user.

I expect my 2021 situation to be a little more complicated so 2020 could be my training wheels (I’ll still do it “by hand” as usual).

I’ve never used tax prep software before but I’ll give this a try for 2020. I’m a Quicken for Windows user.

I expect my 2021 situation to be a little more complicated so 2020 could be my training wheels (I’ll still do it “by hand” as usual).

Wow..... I gave up doing it by hand a long time ago...

I found the second year of doing it by software, the most impressive, as it can import last yr's info, so suddenly a lot of the typing (addresses, names, brokerages, etc) is no longer needed.

Got TT Premier w/State (no free state efile though) from Amazon for $69.99 (plus NC tax) a couple of weeks ago. Looks like Amazon has the same price today.

I found the second year of doing it by software, the most impressive, as it can import last yr's info, so suddenly a lot of the typing (addresses, names, brokerages, etc) is no longer needed.

Guess I’ll find out! Since I expect more complexity in 2021, the return to be filed in 2022 is when it’ll be needed. I hope by then to have gotten comfortable with it.

The Intuit/Quicken split helped me drag my feet. That and laziness.

I missed the Walmart deal for H&R Tax Deluxe+State for $22.50 on Thanksgiving. Kicked myself for not visiting the forum to get reminded of this.

Just now, saw the same thing on Amazon for Cyber Monday, so grabbed it quick. Heh heh heh...

Came here and saw that several posters caught this too.

Last edited:

Wow. I don't remember the last year I did tax return by hand. I definitely remember running tax software on Win 3.1.

Was there ever any tax program for MSDOS? Darn, my "superior memory" is not working too well these days.

By the way, I was pleased when running H&R Tax software for 2018, and saw that it offered to go download transactions off my brokerage sites to compute and enter cap gains/losses for me. Son of a gun! This saves me an hour or two easily.

Last edited:
Not for me. I recall that some members had problems with H&R Block and I didn't want to go through the learning process again with a different software package, so I'm staying with TT.
Yeah, I was one of them. Two letters from the IRS for different issues with the return for the year I used HRB, and I had to file amended returns for each issue. Now I have no hesitation with paying a little extra for TT each year.

Waah! It says $44.99 for me!

The offer is still available, i couldn’t get it with the original link provided, i had to search Amazon myself

The offer is still available, i couldn’t get it with the original link provided, i had to search Amazon myself

Confirmed as of 7:30 AM EST. Search was "Tax software 2020 federal & state"

Attachments

• offer.JPG
    offer.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 34
Yay! I found it, too. There is one review, a critical one...we don't have an EV (yet) so I am not worried.

J. Kim
1.0 out of 5 stars Form 8911 Missing - Don't buy if you plan to EV Charging Credit
Reviewed in the United States on November 14, 2020
Platform: Mac DownloadEdition: Deluxe + StateVerified Purchase
I'm very disappointed that HRB did not include form 8911 (Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit). Not sure why they left this form out when the IRS approved it back on 2/18/2020. I recommend you try other software if you plan to apply for the EV charging credit for your home.
----------

It's odd that the Deluxe + State is on sale for $22.99, while the Deluxe Federal Only (which is what we, as Florida residents, actually need) is on sale for $24.97. I'm not seeing any advantage to buying the Federal Only.

Confirmed as of 7:30 AM EST. Search was "Tax software 2020 federal & state"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom