2023 Year End Deals on H&R Block Tax Software

Ian S

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Since TurboTax fans have a thread going, I thought it might be useful to have one for the Block software. Right now, I haven't seen much except for a Newegg combo deal of H&R Block Deluxe + State combined with Norton 360 Standard for 1 device (15 months) for a total cost of $24.98 + tax. I have no need for Norton but I assume I don't actually have to install it to get the deal on the tax software. Here's the link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.4589223

Good idea. Thanks for the link. I have no use for the Norton program either.

Be careful when searching online...there are low prices that come up but are for older versions i.e. 2022, etc.

Thanks for the links. Just picked up the Deluxe + State for the $19. Been using it for 10ish years now and almost always find Newegg the cheapest when the right sale + promo code comes around.

Thanks Ian for starting the thread and
thanks Sunset for the nice money saving link.

I was just on newegg and saw the deals, along with this thread. I bought the H&R Block this year, switching form Turbotax. I bought the Premium + Business version for $39.99, since I do trust tax returns. Much better price than TT equivalent; and since Fidelity seems to have me on the no more free TT list. So going to make the switch to H&R Block software this year. Hopefully it's an easy enough learning process since I have used TT for many years.

If you are switching from TT to H&Rblock for the cheaper price, why would you not consider something like freetaxusa?

If you are switching from TT to H&Rblock for the cheaper price, why would you not consider something like freetaxusa?
Well, the $19 H&R Block Deluxe with State is only $4 more than Freetaxusa with the state add-on. Also looks like Freetaxusa is online which is fine but I'm old school and like an installed program.

I was just on newegg and saw the deals, along with this thread. I bought the H&R Block this year, switching form Turbotax. I bought the Premium + Business version for $39.99, since I do trust tax returns. Much better price than TT equivalent; and since Fidelity seems to have me on the no more free TT list. So going to make the switch to H&R Block software this year. Hopefully it's an easy enough learning process since I have used TT for many years.
For several years over a decade ago, I used H&R Block premium plus business to do personal as well as our small S-Corp return. At that time, the Business was pretty much a separate piece of software with a very different feel to it than the the personal. Not sure if that's changed. Wasn't a big deal to me.

Just came across the best deal I've ever seen on H&R Block Deluxe+State. It's a combo that includes a $20 gift card for various merchants (your choice) and the total price is $27.99, making the H&R Block software effectively $7.99.

https://www.newegg.com/ HRBlock Deal

Hard to imagine getting a better deal than this if you are a "gift card person" and know you'll actually use it. I chose the Uber gift card since DW and I order from Uber Eats at least once a month.

EDIT: Just minutes after posting this, NewEgg changed the price. It's now $34.99 for the combo, including the $20 gift card, making the H&R software effectively $14.99. Still a good deal.

Last edited:
Just came across the best deal I've ever seen on H&R Block Deluxe+State. It's a combo that includes a $20 gift card for various merchants (your choice) and the total price is $27.99, making the H&R Block software effectively $7.99.

https://www.newegg.com/ HRBlock Deal

Hard to imagine getting a better deal than this if you are a "gift card person" and know you'll actually use it. I chose the Uber gift card since DW and I order from Uber Eats at least once a month.

EDIT: Just minutes after posting this, NewEgg changed the price. It's now $34.99 for the combo, including the $20 gift card, making the H&R software effectively $14.99. Still a good deal.
That's a good deal. Thanks! We use gift cards regularly but of the ones presented, only Lowes and Home Depot would work for us. Of course, I already have the software so, for me, it's moot.

So I switched to HRB this year after decades of using Turbo Tax. It is easy to use but it mangled the securities descriptions in my import from Vanguard. One was 70.0 with ten zeros followed by an apparent random number. All of the others were similar. I can fix that with a little effort. Another broker imported without any problems. I'll probably switch back to TT for next year.

I did appreciate that HRB prompted me to enter my IRS pin, usually I have had to search for it in TT

Back
Top Bottom