The End of "Everything Bubble"

Yes. No bubble there, as it has been eaten since before Christ (or I assume so).

What mystifies me is that they can debone these feet, as I saw some dishes in restaurants. How in the world can they do that?

Good question! Maybe with steam and pressure?

Ah, why did I forget about YouTube? It's all in there.

Yes, the chicken feet are boiled first. And you don't pull the bones out like pulling your hand from a glove. The skin is sliced lengthwise for the bones to come out.

As simple as that. Mystery solved.

Good question! Maybe with steam and pressure?

This thread has turned in a distasteful direction, although I've never eaten pig snout so who knows, might be tasty.

The cat seems to like things that I wouldn't eat. One mouse I freed and tossed outside (to live another day). The next time, the cat was toying with her prey and saw me looking/coming toward her. She settled that by eating it in one piece in a couple seconds before I could get even close.

This thread has turned in a distasteful direction, although I've never eaten pig snout so who knows, might be tasty.

The cat seems to like things that I wouldn't eat. One mouse I freed and tossed outside (to live another day). The next time, the cat was toying with her prey and saw me looking/coming toward her. She settled that by eating it in one piece in a couple seconds before I could get even close.

Cats will eat anything in a pinch. We had an "outdoor" cat when we lived in California and I went out one morning to feed it and it had 1/2 of a small rattle snake in its mouth chewing on it.That was one tough cat. He even outfoxed the coyotes in the area.

Do y'all know that pig snouts are eaten in many cultures, including European?

If you don't, it does not taste bad as you might think.

And they have been eaten it for eons, so that's no bubble.

The snout, ears, feet and all that are quite often included in headcheese (https://www.myrecipes.com/extracrispy/head-cheese-souse-and-your-path-to-enlightenment).

My absolute favorite pork dish however (well, this is when I still ate meat) was pig's knuckle (https://www.craftbeering.com/schweinshaxe-bavarian-roasted-pork-knuckle-recipe/). Essentially an osso buco.

I enjoyed most the discussions about how the current trickle-down order has left a lot of people out, who are, understandably, tired of waiting for their trickle and are giving the middle finger salute to the current order by investing their money nontraditionally.

I’m not persuaded that the US will be an emerging market in 20-50 years while Asia owns the next century. I would not want China and Japan’s demographics problems, nor is there a successful precedent for a command and control economy led by a dictatorship.

Last edited:

It depends on the seasoning. If you've ever eaten sausage, there's a good chance you've eaten pig snout.

Just thought I'd brighten your day.:)

^^^^^
Could be worse, beats eating Soylent Green, IMO

It depends on the seasoning. If you've ever eaten sausage, there's a good chance you've eaten pig snout.

Just thought I'd brighten your day.:)

It is said that the only part of a pig that is not eaten is the squeal.

I was living in China for awhile. My local took me out to dinner and asked if I liked "chicken legs"....I should have asked which side of the ankle he was talking about. Not my favorite.

We call the rest "Scrapple" in this part of civilization.

Anyways, I think the central theme of ye old podcast was that odds are now clearly stacked against the middle class (the core of our U.S. society) when companies use buybacks rather than invest in more programs to expand their capabilities, employ more people, and so on. Things of that nature disproportionately reward the upper 12% who own 80% of stock investments. Another thing the author pointed out was that inflation has been very significant in college costs, making the degree more expensive to get every year for a very long time. And that education cost inlfation has not been targeted by policy, even though it has resulted in huge amounts of debt for the student and co-signers.

^^^^^I have increasingly less sympathy for the education debt hurdle, because there are so many low or no cost ways for the motivated to succeed. One can get a free certification online in a few months and get hired as a SalesForce administrator making $60K with future earning potential well into the six figures. Same for Google. And there’s the military.

A bright kid can get a year or more college credit out of the way through high school AP courses. Also, one can take over 100 college courses for free toward a certificate or degree through the Saylor Academy Www.saylor.org and similar free services, then transfer credits to a traditional school. And lots of scholarships go un-applied for but are plentiful for disadvantaged kids.

Once such a motivated person gets a career foothold, they can afford tuition for a traditional degree if they want one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom