The market that goes from suck to blow...

Salesman gets called into his bosses office. She tells him that he's being given Canada as a new territory. He exclaims "Canada! Only whores and hockey players live in Canada!". His boss glares at him and says "*I'm* from Canada!".

To which he quickly responds "So what team did you play for?".

Before our canadian friends lynch me, I'll repeat again...I'm half Canadian!

Seems like things might be improving for fixed income. If the fed raises rates, keeps inflation in check and you are dept free. I am dropping the bonds fo a while. If oil drops could a stock rally be far off ?

Hopefully next week will be better. I am putting my cash into CD and I-Bonds.

Same with a big bear. *** You aren't near as horny as you used to be.

I've been through two major bear markets, one small one, and the sharp drop of 1987. I can tell you Mikey that it just ain't so!

And another advantage of "no stocks". Most days
I don't even notice what "the market" is doing. Don't
care much either.

JG

I agree that it is a bit silly to complain about a couple of weeks of flat/down trending returns.

Meanwhile these boards are a good place to vent a bit of ones thoughts/fears thereby ensuring one might get stopped from doing something silly, or maybe do a part switch to a portfolio with less volatility or other.

Cheers!

Hi ben, kinda my thoughts too. I'm not going to come running in here flailing my arms about screaming the sky is falling. I didn't take this thread in that way. OTOH, I see many here making a discussion of Mr. Market's mad moves. Something to talk about, and to possibly hear reasoned opinions on the matter, that's all.

Bookm

Do a search for Fiend's Superbear Page and poke around the website.

The sky is always falling - you can count the ways.

A lot of fun - but don't read it if you are prone to worry a lot.

He,he - unclemick; that is how I feel about www.dailyreckoning.com - great daily updated homepage, and tons of valid points - but I am carefull to keep the cup of coffee safely on the desk when reading the homepage! :D

Hey unclemick............with your slightly loopy sense of
humor, you might enjoy THE ONION. Are you familar?
No financial advice you can use but funny as hell IMHO.

JG

Back
Top Bottom