The Onion's View on the Ultimate OMY syndrome

I was thinking of posting a link to this article on my Facebook account but I realized that it would hit too close to home for some of my friends and might be misinterpreted as me making fun of them.

I have been reminded twice in the past week by close friends that, because of my ER status, I am "not like most people". I need to remember that, I suppose.

Yikes... I played golf today (first time in my community with the "old fogeys") and had the question come up of what the hades I was doing not working on a Wednesday morning. After stating I'm retired, one guy said you're young enough to be my son and I just retired, don't BS me! So, I backed up and said.. Well, I'm just between jobs and didn't speak much to him the rest of the round, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Living in Madison WI, the birthplace of the Onion, we were very sad to see it move to New York. I always looked forward to grabbing a copy in the old days and still access it online. Love their view of the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

While I love The Onion, this article is too close to the truth for many people to be funny.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom