The Price of a Barrel of Crude Oil

Oil will be around for a long time, folks. Until the price of a Tesla comes down from the atmosphere for the average folks to buy, and we start seeing 'Next Tesla Charging Station 50 miles' on the interstates, I think we're good. Oil built this country, oil will always be a part of it. At least in most of our lifetimes anyway. Great entry point to invest.
I don' t own a Tesla but you don't have to have a sign. The car will tell you where you can recharge. No sense on wasting money on signs.

Jim.

I don' t own a Tesla but you don't have to have a sign. The car will tell you where you can recharge. No sense on wasting money on signs.

Jim.

Oh, and the car will also tell TESLA where YOU are. Just sayin', so YMMV.

As I type, (according to Yahoo) May crude is 4.4000 -13.8700 (-75.92%)
I'd like to open a position related to the sector. Thinking of 3 possibilities.
Exxon, Chevron, or Fidelity Select Energy Portfolio (FSENX)

Any other ideas/suggestions ?

I went with FSENX. Turns out being greedy when others are fearful 'can' pay off, at least for 9 days :) it could be a different story 9 days from now.
29143-albums233-picture2175.png

Anyone getting interested in oil stocks yet? I picked up some SLB, thinking about buying some more.

Anyone getting interested in oil stocks yet? I picked up some SLB, thinking about buying some more.

I'm not poo-pooing you.
However the recent time to consider reallocating to an oil sector focused position was ideally last March when oil tanked;), 20/23rd.
Royal Dutch Shell, RDS.B(better taxation than RDS.A), went to just under 20.00 & has always paid a healthy dividend.
As did VGENX in March, its also paying about 5%yield w/less concentration.
These are just other examples of the many positions you might explore as sector or a concentrated positions.
Opening a position now might be expensive.
Just something I recall from the recent downturn last march.

Good Luck & Best wishes........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom