The sky is falling.....

It's incredible to me that one of the equity guys at PIMCO didn't point out this oversight to him.

Its amazing, but on a daily basis I somehow manage not to tell the head of my employer that they are saying or doing something idiotic.

Its amazing, but on a daily basis I somehow manage not to tell the head of my employer that they are saying or doing something idiotic.

I have learned it is ok to call them an idiot, just don't say it to their face. They usually don't like it.

I have learned it is ok to call them an idiot, just don't say it to their face. They usually don't like it.

I have taken to referring to the supreme grand poohbah by a young children's cartoon character. Wonder how long it will take for that to get me in trouble?

We often talk about how the economies of developed countries have maxed out, and the growth looking forward will not be so good. Japan has been mired for a couple of decades, and Europe is in trouble.

They say the demographic conditions of the US look better than other countries with low birth rates and xenophobic anti-immigration policies, etc... Still Americans are getting older, and with more people idling, would that not slow down growth? And with slower productivity growth, would that mean the economy will have problems supporting the increasing number of people who are idle, e.g. the retirees? It is not just the matter of fewer workers compared to retirees, but also the higher cost of production due to more scarce raw material, fuel, energy sources, etc...

Would the above negative factors mean that we, as retirees who live off our capital assets, would have no choice but to consume less? Would this reduction in our living standard come either in the form of reduced stock dividends, bond yields, higher inflation, or all of the above? Call me a pessimist but I really wonder.

Last edited:
When exactly do they like it? :LOL:

I doubt very much Bill asked anybody to review it...at his level with I sure an ego to match, I doubt very much he answers to anybody. I do recall he made a big bet a few years ago and lost and had to do a mea culpa, and that was with his bond fund. He may have just gotten lucky starting his career at the start of the 30 year bond rally.
TJ

Back
Top Bottom