Time for 20-33% SWR?

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Well, with over 200 books and lots of reputable scientists predicting the end of the world on 12/21/2012 is it time to rethink our withdrawal rates? The optimistic among us (or pessimistic depending on your point of view) could pull 33%/year or higher if you want to front load your spending. The skeptics could go with maybe 20%, just in case.
:rolleyes:

220 Dates for the End of the World

I thought about Y2K, but here are 220 "end of the world" dates and their supporters POV. Most of them are past, and 12/21/2012 is on the list.

Funny premise for a thread, beyond that :yawn: (yawn, gif doesn't appear to work)

220 Dates for the End of the world!!! Date Setters!

Well, with over 200 books and lots of reputable scientists predicting the end of the world on 12/21/2012 is it time to rethink our withdrawal rates? The optimistic among us (or pessimistic depending on your point of view) could pull 33%/year or higher if you want to front load your spending. The skeptics could go with maybe 20%, just in case.
Pool, pony and hubba hubba hiney...you're mine all mine! :clap:

Last year I actually asked a Mayan about this 2012 thing. No, I didn't go back in time I was backpacking in Guatemala and we hired a local guide to give us a tour of the Tikal ruins. Two things I learned about Mayan sentiment:

1. They hate Mel Gibson
2. They think this 2012 dealie is the dumbest thing they've ever heard of

Those ancient Mayans were so smart--that's why they run the world today.

I thought about Y2K, but here are 220 "end of the world" dates and their supporters POV. Most of them are past, and 12/21/2012 is on the list.
What if one of them actually was right and we are in an alternate universe?

I remember reading about a guy who was diagnosed with a terminal illness so he went ahead and pretty much spent all his money. Well, guess what, his illness wasn't terminal after all. Good news, he survived, bad news, he's broke.

What if one of them actually was right and we are in an alternate universe?
You may be on to something. This seems like a lot different universe than I lived in 40 years ago...:cool:

Maybe I'll give all my retirement stash to charity (but date the check Dec. 22, 2012- just in case:LOL:) Nah! I'll just spend half on women and booze and waste the rest.

reputable??
Carl Sagan thought that the aliens who assisted the mayanswould return (maybe give us an upgrade to their calendar ;-)
tj

Back
Top Bottom