tonights DOW futures

73ss454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just took a look at tonight's DOW futures, but first I had to grit my teeth. To my surprise they were up 284. Not that means anything because by tomorrow AM things can change quick.

Did make me feel better though.

I'm running around trying to find a piece of wood to knock on...........:p

US$ down - a little confirmation - people not looking for security

Let's hope

That it is not another dead cat bounce, bear trap, fools rally etc. etc.

I just took a look at tonight's DOW futures, but first I had to grit my teeth. To my surprise they were up 284. Not that means anything because by tomorrow AM things can change quick.

Did make me feel better though.

That's not surprising to me at all as I read over the weekend that 15 european nations have agreed to help the banks in addition to Britain giving billions to the banks. I expect a good week followed by 2 questionable weeks followed by a huge week after Obama is elected. I think it's very possible to be over 10,000 DOW by Nov. 7th's close.

I was listening to some money talk radio when driving yesterday, and he said - can't remember his name, that the big drop last week was because 1/2 of the hedge funds opened their doors last week for selling and all of these school districts, governments, etc, sold their pension investments. I Can't remember when he said the other 1/2 are scheduled to open the opportunity for the year.

You mean the end of the world could have come and gone?

That's not surprising to me at all as I read over the weekend that 15 european nations have agreed to help the banks in addition to Britain giving billions to the banks. I expect a good week followed by 2 questionable weeks followed by a huge week after Obama is elected. I think it's very possible to be over 10,000 DOW by Nov. 7th's close.

With all due respect, it's amazing how you have it down week by week. What do you base this info. on? If there's one thing I've learned is that I don't have a clue what's going to happen.

With all due respect, it's amazing how you have it down week by week. What do you base this info. on? If there's one thing I've learned is that I don't have a clue what's going to happen.

This upcoming week I expect a good upswing because of the announcements of all those other countries helping fund the banks and just because it went down too much last week that there has to be a correction. The next two weeks i'm not too sure but expect them not to be too bad then the week after that is when Obama gets elected(probably) and that should result in a massive upswing of perhaps over 1000 for the DOW during election week.

Don't forget people will be selling into these rallies. It will take some before to those people get out of the market.

A sustainable stock rally requires that the housing situation be solved.

Does anyone believe that the real estate market is turning around?

I believe that the real estate market will turn around much slower than the stock market. I believe the real estate market has just about bottomed out however I think it'll be flat for a while while the stock market will(I think) go up fairely steadily from here out.

Actually it doesn't require the housing crises to be solved, only that it seems likely that in a not to distant future date that housing prices will stabilize.
The market looks ahead.

This incredibly complex crisis has been developing and festering for YEARS. Somehow, I just can't believe that this mess will suddenly go away because the various central banks have waved a magic wand -- and we will suddenly be "off to the races" again. The fundamental problems that created this crisis, for the most part, still exist. I believe it is going to take a lot of hard work, and a fairly substantial period of time, to resolve them. I wish I could still believe in Hollywood endings . . . but I suspect those who are counting on one may be disappointed.

This incredibly complex crisis has been developing and festering for YEARS. Somehow, I just can't believe that this mess will suddenly go away because the various central banks have waved a magic wand -- and we will suddenly be "off to the races" again. The fundamental problems that created this crisis, for the most part, still exist. I believe it is going to take a lot of hard work, and a fairly substantial period of time, to resolve them. I wish I could still believe in Hollywood endings . . . but I suspect those who are counting on one may be disappointed.

I agree, though I really don't have a grasp on a lot of this. One thing that has bothered me since the high tech meltdown is it has felt like there was too much money floating around. The Government now plans on pumping a lot more money into the economy since the easy borrowing days are gone. It feels like the way Greenspan fixed the high tech bubble (which I never felt needed to be fixed) by lowering interest rates to almost record breaking lows and keeping them there for a while to increase liquidity. I think he may have believed the roaring 90's could go on forever.

I understand the need to pump some money into the banking sector so businesses can borrow, OTOH, overshooting this problem can cause problems of its own. At a minimum it seems inflation will set in down the road either after or during the recession.

Then there will be the impact of the new policies and Government intervention. I think we are living during a time that will be a point of reference in the future.

I'm not getting too excited especially after reading this weeks article in Business Week about the up and coming credit card debacle.

Back
Top Bottom