Trust Taxation - Canada

My Dream said:
For some reason my Nortel stock has gone up today also. By the way, no wise crack jokes about NT stock, that's a sore spot with me. And to boot there head office is about 15 minutes away from where I live.
Nortel is reporting 3Q results tomorrow and I suspect the word has already leaked out on the street.

Same here-- I put a lot of faith in Bill Owens' ability to fix that company. A former submariner & VCJCS, but all he could do was keep shaking his head, trotting out the bad news, and delaying the financial results. I know how to find value on a balance sheet, but I'd never encountered a company before where they couldn't find the $%&^ balance sheet.

Feel free to give the head office a boot from me too...

Nords said:
Nortel is reporting 3Q results tomorrow and I suspect the word has already leaked out on the street.

Nords, I took a walk down as you had asked, but unfortunatly the line up to "give the head office a boot from me" was about 8 miles long. sorry I didn't have the patience to wait. Hopefully after today, the line up will die down. I wish us luck!

My Dream said:
Nords, I took a walk down as you had asked, but unfortunatly the line up to "give the head office a boot from me" was about 8 miles long. sorry I didn't have the patience to wait. Hopefully after today, the line up will die down. I wish us luck!
You will have a better chance of finding the culpable ones in Richardson TX than in Brampton. One of my buddies ended up down there (now retired) and the stories once Paul Stern arrived would curl you hair.

Thanks to his insider stories, I never invested in Nortel (except during their dead cat bounce - market order at $.77 filled at $.85 and sold at $1.60 in 2 weeks). It went on to $7.50 but I was still happy to be out.

kcowan said:
Thanks to his insider stories, I never invested in Nortel (except during their dead cat bounce - market order at $.77 filled at $.85 and sold at $1.60 in 2 weeks). It went on to $7.50 but I was still happy to be out.

You must be joking.

JG

Nords said:
Same here-- I put a lot of faith in Bill Owens' ability to fix that company. A former submariner & VCJCS, but all he could do was keep shaking his head, trotting out the bad news, and delaying the financial results. I know how to find value on a balance sheet, but I'd never encountered a company before where they couldn't find the $%&^ balance sheet.

Nords,
Just before I retired last month, I joined the MSN NT Message Board, and it seems that most messages end in "good luck to all". It would appear that luck is what it's going to take to turn this company around. NT was the first stock I ever bought on my own and it's a fair indication of how well I do at investing.

Mr._johngalt said:
You must be joking.
JG
You must be a market timer. I don't try to guess at market tops for unstable stocks like NT. I always try to sell when others are buying.

kcowan said:
You must be a market timer. I don't try to guess at market tops for unstable stocks like NT. I always try to sell when others are buying.

Even if I was invited down to the NYSE; I never buy stocks. Not for ANY reason.
Do you get me sweetheart? :D

JG

Mr._johngalt said:
Even if I was invited down to the NYSE; I never buy stocks. Not for ANY reason.
Do you get me sweetheart? :D

JG

And so why is it then that you comment on stocks? or equity investing?

Back
Top Bottom