Vanguard deal on Turbo Tax 2013 now available

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Some will be able to get this free and others at a discount. Steps to get this:
1) Login
2) note: I am not providing the link for security reasons. Just search in VG's search window with "turbo tax 2013" and click on the 2nd item that shows "Vanguard - TurboTax Online"
3) After reading the deal, you can click on "get started now and save"

Thanks, may allow me to do some 2013 tax planning before year end!

Thanks for the reminder as the TT download is on my to do list :)

Just went to intuit. Looks like the download for 2013 isn't ready yet? I'll check back in abut a week. Plenty of time as I don't plan on filing until around April Fools :)

Just went to intuit. Looks like the download for 2013 isn't ready yet? I'll check back in abut a week. Plenty of time as I don't plan on filing until around April Fools :)
I just downloaded TT Deluxe successfully through the VG site -and not the online version, the HD version that I wanted?

The reason I download TT early is because I need to make IRA withdrawals in the correct amount to get up to the optimal marginal tax rates.

I think Fidelity offers the same $20 discount, and you don't even need an account there -- just go from the link on the Fidelity site.

I don't think they offer the free TT like Vanguard does for their larger customers.

Darn it, I just bought Turbotax from Amazon last week. I guess I'll have to remember not to do that next year!

I just downloaded TT Deluxe successfully through the VG site -and not the online version, the HD version that I wanted?

Thx. Every year I struggle to find the right link to download.

If first you don't succeed....:facepalm:

Note that if you use TT Online and file Schedule D (and I imagine just about everyone on here does) you have to use TT Premier. With the downloaded version (which I always use) you can still use Deluxe.

Can anyone compare Premier vs Deluxe to know if it really helps you with Schedule D?

That would surprise me, I used to use Deluxe for Sched. D with no problem, but switched to Premier to help with rental property. Has Deluxe downgraded that much??

Note that if you use TT Online and file Schedule D (and I imagine just about everyone on here does) you have to use TT Premier. With the downloaded version (which I always use) you can still use Deluxe.

Can anyone compare Premier vs Deluxe to know if it really helps you with Schedule D?

I had to go to a link at the bottom of the page that VG sends you to.

Thanks. I had no problem on my second try.

I think on the first try, instead of clicking on the Download link I clicked on the sign in to Intuit and that got me misdirected. :)

That would surprise me, I used to use Deluxe for Sched. D with no problem, but switched to Premier to help with rental property. Has Deluxe downgraded that much??

The only difference I really noticed was help with cost basis available in Premier in previous years, but not available in Deluxe. If you (or your brokerage) kept records, this didn't seem like much help too me. Especially since I don't make hundreds of taxable trades a year. Maybe day traders needed it.

Perhaps too many people felt the same as me and made due with Deluxe. Seems like Intuit is on track to push most of us into Premier to drive revenue in the future. This year online users must use Premier for Schedule D, maybe next year it will be download/CD users as well. Although I do like less ambiguity that comes from nailing certain tax forms to certain products.

I think Fidelity offers the same $20 discount, and you don't even need an account there -- just go from the link on the Fidelity site.

I don't think they offer the free TT like Vanguard does for their larger customers.

Fidelity offers the software free on CD mainly to active traders or to Private Client group customers. Last year, you could get online Premier free and you can also get TT Deluxe mailed to you on CD for free, but only if you call/ask. I was told they don't advertise this as a benefit since it depends on the agreement with TT and the cost. So you need to check every year to see what is being offered. I called today, but they said it's too soon to know what this year's offer would be and to check back around 12/31.

The only difference I really noticed was help with cost basis available in Premier in previous years, but not available in Deluxe. If you (or your brokerage) kept records, this didn't seem like much help too me. Especially since I don't make hundreds of taxable trades a year. Maybe day traders needed it.

Perhaps too many people felt the same as me and made due with Deluxe. Seems like Intuit is on track to push most of us into Premier to drive revenue in the future. This year online users must use Premier for Schedule D, maybe next year it will be download/CD users as well. Although I do like less ambiguity that comes from nailing certain tax forms to certain products.
Thanks, that's all I saw too from googling for other comments. I've always kept good records for individual stocks, and rely on mutual fund companies for basis on their funds, so it's no problem to enter the basis. I guess a couple of mergers/spinoffs it might have helped with. ESPP as well, but I've always got along find with Deluxe.

I suspect you're right, they are probably just not going to include schedule D on download/CD deluxe at some point to increase revenue. For $9.99 through VG I'd do it. On my own, I'd look at other packages. TT has a bit too much nagware, trying to get me to upgrade to premiere, especially anytime I go into stock sales. I tend to do my return piecemeal as I get info, and on my first run 'll set aside any transactions that I'm not totally certain on, so I see this a few times. I really wish they had a "never show this again" button.

From people's experience, which TT version works best with Schedule C reporting and Solo 401k contributions?

Just to save folks some time...Unless you have $1M with Vanguard, there's really no deal to be had. My 'deal' is that my FIL and I share a copy of TaxCut.

From people's experience, which TT version works best with Schedule C reporting and Solo 401k contributions?

DW has some Schedule C stuff and I've used Delux for that. But I'd check what TT says about this. On there site they probably have a comparative chart that shows what you get with each version.

Some will be able to get this free and others at a discount. Steps to get this:
1) Login
2) note: I am not providing the link for security reasons. Just search in VG's search window with "turbo tax 2013" and click on the 2nd item that shows "Vanguard - TurboTax Online"
3) After reading the deal, you can click on "get started now and save"

Thanks for the heads up! I just downloded the discounted TT 2013 through Vanguard and found out that I need to send an extra $30K to the Feds. :nonono:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom