Vanguard Has Largest Inflows.........

Hmmm - very good.

I assume shifting deck chairs on the Titanic does not count in that number.

Shifting Vanguard to Vanguard in all cases, I consolidated 4 index funds(in 2006) into Target Retirement 2015. Inside the box so to speak.

heh heh heh - hmmm canceled a few DRIP's and shifted to VG brokerage so I 'may' have contributed some.

Last edited:
What would happen if *everybody* just stuffed their money into a Vanguard index fund?

I guess market volatility would go away, and returns would basically follow the national savings rate.

Hey I was a big (heh heh) part of that. 2007 had my first transactions with VG. Money that was headed for AF, not only are the fees lower but so far the money has performed better than it would have with my AF choices. Thanks Guys!!!!! :)

It is interesting to see what happens when a company offers the customer a good deal. I will bet VG does much less advertising than its competitors. Plus it's marketing budget has to be lower... what do you think that 12-1b is for...

Hey I was a big (heh heh) part of that. 2007 had my first transactions with VG. Money that was headed for AF, not only are the fees lower but so far the money has performed better than it would have with my AF choices. Thanks Guys!!!!! :)

Yes, when I rolled over my Fido 401 (k) account, half of it headed to VG. Partly cherry picking, but I also like to spread my risk.

It is interesting to see what happens when a company offers the customer a good deal. I will bet VG does much less advertising than its competitors. Plus it's marketing budget has to be lower... what do you think that 12-1b is for...

I can't speak for all competitors to VG, but AF does not advertise. Vanguard does have an advertising budget, or else I'm left to wonder who is paying for all that print ad in the financial mags I read.........:D

I think Fido spends the most, I can't seem to get away from their message.........:D

I can't speak for all competitors to VG, but AF does not advertise. Vanguard does have an advertising budget, or else I'm left to wonder who is paying for all that print ad in the financial mags I read.........:D

I think Fido spends the most, I can't seem to get away from their message.........:D

Of course AF doesn't need advertising, they've got legions of brokers pushing their funds.

Of course AF doesn't need advertising, they've got legions of brokers pushing their funds.

So, why do AIM, MFS, Oppenheimer, American Century, Franklin Templeton, Van Kampen, Gartmore, Neuberger Berman, Dreyfus, and others advertise:confused: :D

Because their trying to keep the brokers and themselves fat.

So why doesn't American Funds advertise?

Because they don't have to..............:)

Couldn't hurt VG to get shamelessly plugged every weekend by a certain coast-to-coast radio program.

Ah yes Admiration, but he doesn't use them.:D

Well, he couldn't without being a hypocrite. Whose going to succeed Bogle? I guess the same question could be thrown out about Buffett and Munger........:)

Back
Top Bottom