vanguard issues fixed? Switch?

wallygator69

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi,

I'm going to finally switch from FIDO to VG.

Some folks were displeased a week or two ago about VG's Money Market funds. Don't remember exactly what the issue was but was it resolved?

Any reasons why I shouldn't switch?

Thx

W

WG
So can you share why you would leave Fido to go to VG? I am interested as I am about to leave VG and consolidate at VG. My reason--inconsistent web service, difficult to contact professional customer service (emails take a minimum of two days and only reach designated rep after being screened and forwarded by some sort of review process), and unbelieveably rigid, mechanical procedures for all adminstrative processes.
nwsteve

Hi,

I don't quite have the stomach for the recent ups and downs.

I want to set up both my taxable and tax deferred to kick off 4% dividends and have a little growth. Wellesley and Wellington will be a significant part but also like some Target Retirement 2015 which is better than Fido's equivalent. Rest will be low cost Index funds.

Thx

W

I find it interesting that you cannot stomach the ups and downs, but your solution is to hide the volatility from your eyes by buying balanced funds. The volatility will still be there, but because you've combined stocks and bonds into Wellington, Wellesley and the Target Retirement fund, you won't see it. But I guess it's what works for you.

Back
Top Bottom