Vanguard Web Page, old or new?

SJhawkins

Recycles dryer sheets
Moving assets to Vanguard, both DW and I, within the past few months.

When I login it puts me under Personal1.

When DW login ends up under Personal.

Both web experience are completely different, we can work with either one, both are fine for the little we will use it but would prefer to have them both looking the same as we can see each other accounts.

Being new I'm not sure what is old and what is new, I assume the Personal1 is the new one? Anyway, will both Logins end up in the same place/web layout at some point, if we can force a change so they both are the same that would be great, would rather learn the downfalls of the new one first!

I know Vanguard as some web page issues before I signed up, I'm willing to deal with it + I don't want deal with a bunch of gains/taxes (first world problems).

I dislike personal1.vanguard.com, the new version. I much prefer personal.vanguard.com. Much more condensed version so it's easier to see everything on one page. I'm sure part of it is also that I'm used to it after so many years. I don't like unfamiliarity when dealing with 90+% of my investment assets.

I set up a bookmark for that (https://personal.vanguard.com/us/TPView) because I get logged into personal1 if I just login from vanguard.com. But you can easily switch by just pulling down the My Accounts tab and selecting "Balances and Overview". Or to switch from the old to the new, select "Account Overview" from the same tab.

If there's a way to keep it on the old view, I'd love to know it.

I have the new one, I'm ok with it. Visually I like the old version better but I'm getting old. WRT the iOS app, I really prefer the old version better. Was more intuitive and the new one seems to have less available although I keep finding the functionality so not sure if they are adding it or I'm just finding it. I rarely use the app for transactions though so not a big deal. Still a happy customer.

...... But you can easily switch by just pulling down the My Accounts tab and selecting "Balances and Overview". Or to switch from the old to the new, select "Account Overview" from the same tab.

I like the old view as well and use the menu to switch to that view.

Yes, they should have a preference setting we could use.

I dislike personal1.vanguard.com, the new version. I much prefer personal.vanguard.com. Much more condensed version so it's easier to see everything on one page. I'm sure part of it is also that I'm used to it after so many years. I don't like unfamiliarity when dealing with 90+% of my investment assets.

I set up a bookmark for that (https://personal.vanguard.com/us/TPView) because I get logged into personal1 if I just login from vanguard.com. But you can easily switch by just pulling down the My Accounts tab and selecting "Balances and Overview". Or to switch from the old to the new, select "Account Overview" from the same tab.

If there's a way to keep it on the old view, I'd love to know it.

I agree and always change to the older view so I have all the info I need on one page. Researching their funds is easier in the old mode as well. Maybe I'm old and hate change, but it sure seems better in the old mode..... You can get it in the drop down from accounts view.

VW

I use the old mostly, but can switch to new easily. I find it easier to navigate the old Vanguard page. I suppose the day will come when Vanguard will no longer have the old interface as an option and we will just have to adapt.

I was not aware there is anything other than what I have seen for many years. I'm on a desktop pc not a phone so maybe that is why?

Back
Top Bottom