VDIGX or VQNPX? Looking for a Dividend Fund

Stillwater007

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello,
I had bought and held a Growth and Income MF (FGINX) with EJ over a decade ago and recently realized the error of my ways, so I rolled the $$ over to Vanguard. I then proceeded to re-invest that into Wellington and Wellesley,

I am now looking to diversify by adding a dividend fund from Vanguard since they are my current brokerage.

I have been looking at VDIGX and VQNPX. They both have received good reviews, but it seems VDIGX gets more attention in my research. However, the rate of returns show VQNPX to have a much better rate of return for the last decade. Why no love for VQNPX? It also appears much more diversified with it's stock holdings compared to VDIGX.
I don't know how VQNPX handles volatility or bear markets, but it seems that VDIGX has done well when the market gets tough.

Which do you feel is the better Dividend MF that can grow while still providing income in the Retirement years?

I plan to re-invest my Dividends for as long as I can and I am certain I can do this for the next 10 years. Eventually, I plan to use the dividends as supplemental income.

Finally, some people suggest that Dividends are overrated and to stick with regular index funds.

What are your thoughts and advice?
Thank you in advance!

I am not a fan of buying a stock or fund just for the dividends. Investing profits vs paying dividends to grow the business is important as well.

Compare the total return of the dividend funds you mention to Wellesley and Wellington.

There is another Vanguard fund you might look at as well for dividends: VDADX
Expense ration of .08%
Invest in index of companies with appreciating dividends.

Back
Top Bottom