Wash DC Area ER meetup (again)

madsquopper

Recycles dryer sheets
A few of us did this early in the year and I'm willing to organize another for either August or September. Last time we did this in Fairfax at Dogfish Ale House (everyone was quite happy with it so might do it again), so perhaps next time in MD, maybe in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area (to accommodate possible PA people). Right now I'm just trying to get an idea of which location is preferred, so if you're interested just reply here with VA, MD, or either and we'll go with the majority. Saturday nights looked the best.

Larry

Hey Larry, thanks for doing this. We favor Fairfax but we are ok with either location. I think we favor September as we are travelling half of August but we would try to make it regardless.

M

Hey Larry. Good time last time. This time I vote MD or inside beltway. Saturday and September is my vote. I'm way down here is SoMD so at least an hour min for me either way. Also a bit loud at the last venue. Maybe something Quieter.

A few of us did this early in the year and I'm willing to organize another for either August or September. Last time we did this in Fairfax at Dogfish Ale House (everyone was quite happy with it so might do it again), so perhaps next time in MD, maybe in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area (to accommodate possible PA people). Right now I'm just trying to get an idea of which location is preferred, so if you're interested just reply here with VA, MD, or either and we'll go with the majority. Saturday nights looked the best.

Larry

Larry, I am so grateful to you for organizing and getting people together that I would like to hug you. That said, I really like the VA side. The Beltway (at whatever hour) is nothing I want to mess with. Best Regards, Jane

I'd be interested. Prefer MD. If I have to go to VA that means I have to visit both Total Wine and the wine section in a VA Costco. There goes my SWR! :D The downside is it is too much like the long commute I gave up for ER. :facepalm:

That's fine, I'll go with the flow. Would do me good to play the world explorer anyhow and get out of my familiar surroundings, lol!

OOPS I posted a reply wrong and it did not show. Live and learn.

I was saying to US Grant and Larry - I'll go with the flow. Do me good to play the world explorer and venture out to unfamiliar territory, lol!

Best, Jane

I'd be interested. Prefer MD. If I have to go to VA that means I have to visit both Total Wine and the wine section in a VA Costco. There goes my SWR! :D The downside is it is too much like the long commute I gave up for ER. :facepalm:

We have Total Wine in MD.

We have Total Wine in MD.

Well, only two and there are 8 in VA that are closer to me than Laurel or Towson. And MD has 9% sales tax on alcohol versus 6% in NOVA. Costco in VA carries good wines at great prices too - MD does not allow wine/beer sales in grocery stores.

I grew up in PA and thought their alcohol laws were bad, but MD has caught up. MD used to be cheaper (and back in the day had a lower drinking age). Now I find a case of beer is like 20% cheaper in PA. One light beer I like is $23/case around me in MD, and $18/case near my summer house in PA.

Well, only two and there are 8 in VA that are closer to me than Laurel or Towson. And MD has 9% sales tax on alcohol versus 6% in NOVA. Costco in VA carries good wines at great prices too - MD does not allow wine/beer sales in grocery stores.

I grew up in PA and thought their alcohol laws were bad, but MD has caught up. MD used to be cheaper (and back in the day had a lower drinking age). Now I find a case of beer is like 20% cheaper in PA. One light beer I like is $23/case around me in MD, and $18/case near my summer house in PA.

OK, OK, forget MD. Last time we got together I got a room near Tyson's corner. Took the bride out to the air and space museum at Dulles the next day. Good times. Probably do something similar this time after we pick a date. Looking forward to it.

Hey Larry. Good time last time. This time I vote MD or inside beltway. Saturday and September is my vote. I'm way down here is SoMD so at least an hour min for me either way. Also a bit loud at the last venue. Maybe something Quieter.

Please, not inside the Beltway! Parking starts to get tight there and I'll probably be driving a full-size 4WD pickup truck if DW doesn't want to go. That's why I missed the first one several years ago when it was someplace in DC. It was on some narrow street in DC, I couldn't find a place to park, even for pay, and finally gave up and went home. I know, should have taken the Metro, but late as it was (7:00 PM?) I figured parking wouldn't be a problem. Wrong.:facepalm:

Assuming I'm not on business travel or hiking, I'd be interested. Live in MD, but willing to venture into Virginia as long as it's not far beyond the beltway.

I seem to be Grand Poobah by default, so based on the results let's try close-in MD this time. Looking at some Saturday in September but not the 2nd or 23rd. I haven't tried this place but it gets good tripadvisor reviews and the menu is varied for an Italian restaurant, so might be a good option. I know where it is; slightly outside the beltway in a smallish shopping center with easy (and free) parking. Gregorio's Trattoria 7745 Tuckerman Ln, Potomac, MD 20854-3266.

I seem to be Grand Poobah by default, so based on the results let's try close-in MD this time. Looking at some Saturday in September but not the 2nd or 23rd. I haven't tried this place but it gets good tripadvisor reviews and the menu is varied for an Italian restaurant, so might be a good option. I know where it is; slightly outside the beltway in a smallish shopping center with easy (and free) parking. Gregorio's Trattoria 7745 Tuckerman Ln, Potomac, MD 20854-3266.

Sounds good Larry. I guess we should go the PM route from here on out. I am good for the 9th or 30th. (or 16th I guess).

Please PM madaquopper for exact time and place. Can't wait to do this again.

Are we really going to PMs with no firm date established? Sounds confusing.
I vote for the 9th, 16th, or 30th in that order.

yes was fun last time. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Thanks to Larry for organizing it!

Do we really need PM's at all? I'll do either once we set a date. Two votes for the 9th so far, so how about just going with that? I'll check with the restaurant to see when they typically start getting busy in the evening. Maybe trying for an earlier dinner, like at 6, would be better.

I'd be a first-timer, but right now it looks like I can do the 9th. I live in Alexandria, VA.

Thanks!

I'd be interested and a first timer. I'll be out of the DC area until sept 7th, so the 9th should work for me.

OK, I'm setting the date/time/location for this as Saturday Sept 9 at 6PM at Gregorio's Trattoria 7745 Tuckerman Lane, Potomac, MD 20854-3266. It's in the Cabin John Shopping Center but off in one of the side buildings.

About a week before, let me know if you're coming (either here or PM) and how many. I'll make a reservation on that Friday. Depending on how many we get it might be better to break up into manageable groups. If people want to stay after dinner, I think both this restaurant and the one next door have bars and possibly outside areas to sit.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom