Wellesley Stock allocation

ejman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I recently noticed that my usual stock bond allocation jumped seemingly overnight from my usual 50/50 to 57/43 in the Vanguard allocation pie chart. About 40% of my liquid NW is in Wellesley and when I dug into it I realized that Vanguards detailed asset allocation tool shows Wellesley at 49% large cap stocks and 1% mid cap. Their fund info page still shows Wellesley at 38% stocks - within its usual range. Does anybody know if this is really a change in Wellesley allocation philosophy or just an error in Vanguards posting? I'm reluctant to call Vanguard and wait for hours with their usual top notch customer service.

I recently noticed that my usual stock bond allocation jumped seemingly overnight from my usual 50/50 to 57/43 in the Vanguard allocation pie chart. About 40% of my liquid NW is in Wellesley and when I dug into it I realized that Vanguards detailed asset allocation tool shows Wellesley at 49% large cap stocks and 1% mid cap. Their fund info page still shows Wellesley at 38% stocks - within its usual range. Does anybody know if this is really a change in Wellesley allocation philosophy or just an error in Vanguards posting? I'm reluctant to call Vanguard and wait for hours with their usual top notch customer service.

I noticed the same with DW Wellesley and posted a question to Vanguard. The response was we are aware and our Web group is working on it with no estimate for correction. The Vanguard app on the Iphone displays correctly if that helps you. They should just take it down until it is fixed. I always ask via there message service. That has always worked well for me.

Last edited:
Prospectus is dated 10/21 and says the allocation hasn’t changed. https://personal.vanguard.com/pub/Pdf/sp27.pdf?2210154438
The Fund invests approximately 60% to 65% of its assets in investment-grade fixed income securities that the advisor believes will generate a reasonable level of current income, including corporate, U.S. Treasury, and government agency bonds, as well as mortgage-backed securities. The remaining 35% to 40% of Fund assets are invested in common stocks of companies that have a history of above-average dividends or expectations of increasing dividends.

Back
Top Bottom