Wh... Wh.... Wh(eee!)... Party like it's 1929

Wow! Just finished reading W2R's "Market Timing News Letter"... Insightful!

Good read. What didn't get your copy? Not a subscriber? Click Here to get your copy.

Last edited:

Good read. What didn't get your copy? Not a subscriber? Click Here to get your copy.
I think your link is stale. Here is another W2R MT Secrets, newsletter. ;)

P.S. You can blame me for the decline today. Rebalanced by moving 1% of portfolio from equities to cash early in trading session.

I am too thrifty (cheap ) to be a subscriber . I just wait for the Whee sign and re balance . It has really given my portfolio a boost .

While I was expecting some profit taking after yesterday, my port took a hit today like the market dropped 400 points, what the heck happened:confused:

Its days like today that shake my faith in the market.

Even with my ultra-conservative asset allocation, my portfolio is up 14% from its value a year ago!

Good for you young lady!!
I was going to go 30/30/30 in January but changed my mind after hearing an analyst saying he thinks another correction was coming before the mkt took off. WELL, he was wrong this time.

Worst part is I had my son take his money out of his funds and put them in Stable Value and PTTRX.

Oh well, probably will buy in late summer.

Didn't lose any money, but didn't make any 14% either.

heirloom said:
Good for you young lady!!
I was going to go 30/30/30 in January but changed my mind after hearing an analyst saying he thinks another correction was coming before the mkt took off. WELL, he was wrong this time.

Worst part is I had my son take his money out of his funds and put them in Stable Value and PTTRX.

Oh well, probably will buy in late summer.

Didn't lose any money, but didn't make any 14% either.

This is why we have an asset allocation and regardless of what happens we just let it ride (with rebalancing as needed). Bonds can take a bath, equities can take a bath but with a financial plan and an AA I can sleep well knowing the plan is working for us.

More good news:

S&P Dividends Rise to Record

Um, I think it's good news:

Announced payouts imply an annual dividend rate of $29.02 per index share, Silverblatt said in a note today. The prior record was $28.96 in June 2008 before the figure slid 26 percent to $21.44 in August 2009.

Do you know what that turns out to be in yield? If it's a simple division, then something like yielding 2.07%. Is that correct?

Yup. Don't spend it all in one place. ;)

Yes, yesterday the bond fund in my wife 401k which is called "Diversified Bond Fund" took a beating. It went down 0.6% while the market was flat.

Also surprisingly, Wellesley went down 0.55%! Yes, I have about 1% of portfolio in it now.

Man, I tell y'all, I am still looking for some asset classes that would be "Wh***-proof". Even gold and silver closed down yesterday, after the forceful, merciless, and taunting "Wh***" posted on 3/13/2012 despite my plaintive plea.

While I was expecting some profit taking after yesterday, my port took a hit today like the market dropped 400 points, what the heck happened:confused:

Its days like today that shake my faith in the market.

Bonds took a beating today.

Last edited:
Yes, yesterday the bond fund in my wife 401k which is called "Diversified Bond Fund" took a beating. It went down 0.6% while the market was flat.

Also surprisingly, Wellesley went down 0.55%!

Man, I tell y'all, I am still looking for some asset classes that would be "Wh***-proof". Even gold and silver closed down yesterday, after the forceful and taunting "Wh***" posted on 3/13/2012 despite my plaintive plea.

The only asset class I know of that is "Wh***-proof" is CASH...

Good man! And I forgot about the I-bonds (10% of portfolio) I have that are iron-clad. That and another 10% in a "Stable Value" fund in my wife's 401k that is mostly in short-term fixed income. :dance:

Oops.... Spoke too soon. Can a "Wh***" also topple the US Treasury? Ooohhh, I am not sure of anything anymore. :(

Back
Top Bottom