What age constitutes retiring early?

What is the latest retirement age that qualifies as early retirement?

• younger than 50

Votes: 24 17.9%

Votes: 11 8.2%

Votes: 41 30.6%

Votes: 30 22.4%

Votes: 23 17.2%

Votes: 3 2.2%

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • older than 67

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
JustCurious said:
I disagree, and I think you will find that most members of this board also disagree with this statement. . . .
:)
I hear you and you may be correct about what other posters think. I certainly did not intend to speak for others. Actually it is not rare for me to hold opinions that are not consistent with the majority, so it wouldn't be the first time that I represented a minority opinion. I sense that you care a great deal about what others think constitutes "early retirement". Please run as many polls as you think will help you with that. I will try to avoid making further comments or providing my own opinions to those questions. And I would like to encourage all other posters to help JustCurious out by providing an answer to this poll. :)

I just had a thought . . . perhaps your issue with me is more about my own form of retirement and/or retirement age as much as it is with my opinion on "early retirement". :-\ I can see how some might not consider me retired and some might consider 52 too old for "early retirement". This is just the choice I've made. ;)

sgeeeee said:
:)
I sense that you care a great deal about what others think constitutes "early retirement". Please run as many polls as you think will help you with that. I will try to avoid making further comments or providing my own opinions to those questions. And I would like to encourage all other posters to help JustCurious out by providing an answer to this poll. :)

I just had a thought . . . perhaps your issue with me is more about my own form of retirement and/or retirement age as much as it is with my opinion on "early retirement". :-\ I can see how some might not consider me retired and some might consider 52 too old for "early retirement". This is just the choice I've made. ;)

I don't "care a great deal", I am just curious what the consensus is on this issue.

Also, I don't have an "issue with you", I just happen to disagree with you on this point. Isn't that permitted on a discussion board without "having issues?" ;)

I have an older brother who retired 24 years ago. At the time I could not understand how he could make that decision. Twenty years later I finally retired.

Now I have a much greater appreciation for the reasons why he made that choice. The biggest problem before retirement is fear about being outside of the norm. And being wrong!

PS the reason he made that choice is because in his opinion at the time: he could. And he was right.

You have to pay your dues?

oh you mean follow the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom