Votes: 15 11.2%
  • gas companies

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • other

Votes: 24 17.9%

• Total voters
spideyrdpd said:
Killer rabbits.
You know they look all soft and cuddly. They lure you in with those cute eyes and then bam they go for the juggular.
Such small animals and such big teeth
May I suggest the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

spideyrdpd said:
Killer rabbits.
You know they look all soft and cuddly. They lure you in with those cute eyes and then bam they go for the juggular.
Such small animals and such big teeth

:)

No holy hand grenades please :(

How about we all agree to hate pimp lawyers that sell drugs?

I can't believe that no one here hates telephone soliciters. They are the only occupational group I hate although there are several I dislike.

Maybe they lumped them in with lawyers since here in Canada, lawyers are 'baristers and soliciters :LOL:

How about we all agree to hate pimp lawyers that sell drugs?
... there you go, picking on lawyers again

Well, when they're PIMP lawyers that sell DRUGS, you're good. I think even other lawyers diss those guys.

kumquat said:
I can't believe that no one here hates telephone soliciters. They are the only occupational group I hate although there are several I dislike.

Maybe they lumped them in with lawyers since here in Canada, lawyers are 'baristers and soliciters :LOL:
Its funny but my wife and I were trying to remember the last time that we got a junk phone call. It has been at least a couple of years. All we get are calls from United Blood Services.

tio z said:
I cannot understand people who answered this poll by admitting to hatred of a class of people, in this case by profession. I am an attorney, and over the past 30+ years that I have practiced law I have seen many, many honorable people in the profession, and, alas, a few who were dishonorable. I would trust that this is the same in any profession.

first I would say, that perhaps a little more sense of humour is called for here--the poll, I think, was intended to be fun and facetious. It's easy to "hate" lawyers as a class without disliking them individually.

However, I will give you a clue as to why your profession is distrusted. Same reason people fear guns--because when the other guy has one, you need one too or you will be the one to get hurt.

I remember a lawyer being interviewed on a national show. His comment: "an attorney moves to town and hangs out his shingle. Business is slow. Another one moves in. Business picks up."

There are useful functions that lawyers provide, and that are needed. But to a large but undetermined extent, the efforts of many lawyers produce nothing of value and, in fact, are effectively a tax on productive activities. Those of us that are engineers or doctors have particular reasons to distrusts the profession.

Well, I'll throw in my two cents and say that I don't like this poll, either :D and so I didn't vote.

I have been thinking of telling one of our local parking enforcement people thank you. I do not even particularly support what they do any more than others, but they are just doing their job.

They are the most disrespected, yelled at professionals out there. It is downright dangerous. I bet they would appreciate someone saying thank you.

Kramer

Mostly I hate the majority of Voters in the U.S. - They are responsible for all of the Stupid laws and Politicians. Most do not understand the issues, do not know who their Congressman is, Nor their U.S. Senator. If they would educate themselves enough to keep the politicians honest we would not be running a Polyanna Government!

Cut-Throat said:
Mostly I hate the majority of Voters in the U.S. - They are responsible for all of the Stupid laws and Politicians. Most do not understand the issues, do not know who their Congressman is, Nor their U.S. Senator. If they would educate themselves enough to keep the politicians honest we would not be running a Polyanna Government!

Off subject, what happened to your fish icon and old post count? I haven't been on much lately so I must have missed something. :-\

cj said:
I can't believe "financial advisor" is not on the list. ;)

I can't believe "nerd" is not on the list! ;)

kramer said:
I didn't vote.

Me neither.

I guess I'll take the occasion, though, to say what REALLY bugs me is not any one profession, or interest group, or area, or sect, or religion, or any other group in the way we have of traditionally grouping people. What gets under my skin are two groups of people who share attributes that don't come from their skin color, or place of birth. The two groups are probably really the same, but I will leave distinct here:

* The self-absorbed among us who somehow have decided that their interests trump the rest of the world's. So we see the person who does not wait in traffic with everyone else, but drives on the shoulder, or shoots to the front of the que for the exit and wedges in just at the last moment, making everyone else do a brake-check...that lady doing make-up + cell phone + coffee + paper, while driving with her knees at 51 MPH in fast lane... the people in biz meetings who only come to hear themselves speak, but will not listen or draw out others...the politician lining his pockets..the mechanic padding his bill...the neighbor with neighborhood-rattling thumping bass in his car driveway for hours at a time...

* Those requiring external attention above all else -- Britney, Paris, Lohan, Anna, O/T Internet trolls, and all their similarly talentless little imitators (in attitude and world view, not talking some specific superficial style) that their lack of common decency (not talking about clothes or skin here, talking about the ugly inside) spawns.

Whew. Mini-rant over.

REWahoo! said:
I voted "other" since there is nothing I hate more than hate polls.

:D

Likewise.

I hate it when I'm on a fly-stream at first light, and notice after two or three casts that there is a small knot in the leader. Too cold and too lazy to change it out, and 15 minutes later hook a 2 or 3 pound Brown, and it snaps the leader.#%%@##.

Most of all, I hate it when I'm jacked up to play in a golf tournament, have a
6:30 A.M tee time, and a driving rain storm wakes me up at 4:30 A.M.#$%#

Oh, I almost forgot. I'm not too thrilled losing a bet to some Yahoo (Rewahoo) from Texas, and had to post the results for a month on this board. :D

Jarhead* said:
Oh, I almost forgot. I'm not too thrilled losing a bet to some Yahoo (Rewahoo) from Texas, and had to post the results for a month on this board. :D

img_482061_0_8348b966afe2e095cca724cc26742c22.gif

Jarhead* said:
I hate it when I'm on a fly-stream at first light, and notice after two or three casts that there is a small knot in the leader. Too cold and too lazy to change it out, and 15 minutes later hook a 2 or 3 pound Brown, and it snaps the leader.#%%@##.
Aren't they all at least three pounds when that happens?

If not already mentioned:

Smokers who toss their butts anywhere

Drivers on the cell phone in busy traffic

most VC's (they have bloated egos that would put politicians to shame)

Clerks at DMV (dept of motor vehicle) - not all of them, some are quite courteous.

TargaDave said:
If not already mentioned:

Smokers who toss their butts anywhere

Questions: Do only litterers become smokers, or does smoking make you not give a $#@^&$ about throwing your crap all over the place -- beach, forest, sidewalks, in my face on freeway, in parking lot dumping ashtray, etc?

I know there must be smokers out there that are carefully observant to handle their waste carefully, but I think even they would admit they are a rarity.

I hate people who don't take their turn in line at a grocery store, fast food counter, department store, etc. People who don't think they should have to "wait in line" like everyone else. Maybe if I was 6'4" and weighed 240 pounds, this wouldn't happen to me. I used to not say anything. Now I just say, politely, "Excuse me, but I was here first". That does the trick every time - and I usually get an apology, too.

Toejam said:
I hate people who don't take their turn in line at a grocery store, fast food counter, department store, etc. People who don't think they should have to "wait in line" like everyone else. Maybe if I was 6'4" and weighed 240 pounds, this wouldn't happen to me. I used to not say anything. Now I just say, politely, "Excuse me, but I was here first". That does the trick every time - and I usually get an apology, too.

One more before I go to bed.... on the waiting in line thing, this AM I went out to get some breakfast at the local fast food place... since it was cold (for Fl) no one was going in ,everyone was using drive in. Well, it was backed up nearly into the roadway. I was sitting with my blinker on, in the driveway, but trying to leave a space in case people in parking lot needed to get out. The space in front of my truck was the only way out. So as I sit there, I see a blue truck come in from other street entrance, come through parking area, and head for the gap I had left open. Since he is not leaving a parking space, I figured he was going to 'use' my space to cut in line... [sigh] I had already resigned myself to not get upset, and just accept it as one of those things. In my younger days, maybe not, but I have learned some battles are not worth fighting, esp in nutty So Fl! Well, he pulled through, he continued and went out to street behind me, had to do a "J" turn, then politely fell into place behind me.

When I got to the window, I ordered, and when I got to the payment window, I asked and they told me his order was like $6. Well,, the polite guy got a free breakfast -- I just asked the lady at window to tell him it was 'on the house' today.

DRiP Guy:

Way to go! I know exactly how you must've felt. It's kinda like when you're driving in heavy traffic and trying to merge into another lane. Finally, when someone let's you in, you feel so happy and grateful, you feel like waving a big "Thank You" sign out the window. I always wave my hand and smile so the driver of the other car knows I appreciate it. I'm sure the polite guy behind you appreciated your "appreciation" of him.

Toejam

Back
Top Bottom