What made you truly feel successful?

Getting our oldest out of the house, after a year at a local university, to their first choice of these.

Currently accompanying my youngest on their visits to potential undergrad schools.

Last edited:
A) Wife of 37 years - I have learned so much from her.
B) Putting all 3 of my kids through college - they all make 6 figure now. I did not attend college and my kids were the first of my large 6 generation Texas family to have done so.
C) 3 awesome grandsons that are 5 years old now.

The day I looked at our income from SS and pensions after retirement, and realized it was more than my take home when I was w*rking:dance:

My biggest accomplishment....my happy marriage, our two successful grown kids who are also good parents, and the help and support I provide to the rest of my family. My career and the money I made all pale in comparison, especially the longer I am gone.

To be able to retire at age 50 when offered an early retirement package to spend time with my then one and three year old sons. Priceless!

great parents
great marriage-married well
excellent health
good post secondary education
lifelong learner

I'm still waiting for that 8' bronze of me to be erected in front of my old Megagcorp. I think I'll have a long wait..
Yep. The megacorp i worked for thought I would be a great manager. I didn't, but they insisted and put me in charge of a small department of 5 young attorneys.

Their mistake - but I warned them.

Rather than feed these eager beavers the corporate bulls**t, I taught them things like:

-- Go home at a reasonable hour. The work will still be here tomorrow.

-- Don't bring your laptop with on vacation. If megacorp can't survive a week without you, you're not getting paid enough.

-- No one ever died wishing they'd spent more time in the office.

Back
Top Bottom