What to pair with Wellesley for 10 year Horizon?

I only have a few percent in Wellesley, because I am an active investor, and still want to do my own thing. However, I have told my wife that if I croak before reshuffling all the accounts for her, she should have everything moved into Wellesley. It's a good safe hand-off fund for a widow.

I hope that she remembers this. I even send a note to her email, but don't know if she saved it. Oh well, maybe the pool boy will have a different idea, like to put it all in an IPO or some hot stocks.

Last edited:
1. Doesn't VTMFX makes sense going into a taxable account? It does look like a good fund, but the term "tax managed" makes it sound tax friendly for a taxable account. Which I might use if I am lucky to exhaust my RothIRA and 403b Roth.

Yes, I have VTMFX in taxable account. Wellesley was putting out more CG than I wanted.

Those pool boys are worrisome. Is he plotting your demise so he can marry your rich widow?

We never have a pool boy, because I am still doing all the house maintenance.

I should have written "future pool boy". :)

I only have a few percent in Wellesley, because I am an active investor, and still want to do my own thing. However, I have told my wife that if I croak before reshuffling all the accounts for her, she should have everything moved into Wellesley. It's a good safe hand-off fund for a widow.

I hope that she remembers this. I even send a note to her email, but don't know if she saved it. Oh well, maybe the pool boy will have a different idea, like to put it all in an IPO or some hot stocks.
How about leaving a clear note with your important papers or whatever she'd be pretty certain to look at after your death, if you precede her?

How about leaving a clear note with your important papers or whatever she'd be pretty certain to look at after your death, if you precede her?

I think I will send my children a note. They will remember. They have had to take care of their own investment, while my wife has no interest in learning.

Back
Top Bottom