Why are people poor???

My DW has been an awful more than that...

Mine does more than that too. Just the first random things that came to mind. I always make more, but we never keep "his" and "hers". About beer in the fridge, she does not even drink. Yes, even the few bottles of Cognac XO I ever had in my life, she bought them for me. So, I don't want to die yet. :LOL:

Concerning the socks, he can handle that now since they are all white...no more dress socks.

I hope my wife doesn't come across this idea. :nonono:

Gee, my part-time work still takes me outside of the house sometimes. I look geeky enough without white socks and dark pants. :nonono:

Gee, my part-time work still takes me outside of the house sometimes. I look geeky enough without white socks and dark pants. :nonono:

These very cool gentlemen wear white socks and dark pants and aren't geeky at all. And, in keeping with the topic of this thread, they weren't poor. They came up with $5k to pay the taxes on the orphanage.

My condolences on the part-time work. ;)

Attachments

• bluesbrothers.jpg
    bluesbrothers.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 155
I know why people are poor. Any dataset arranges itself from top to bottom, or bottom to top. There must be quartiles and deciles. Then sociologists, helpers, the welfare establishment and politicians name some part of the lower group "poor" and some of the upper part "rich".

As citizens our task is to look poor to the authorities, while still able to live well.

Ha

Ha,

Would you mind if I plagarize that and send it to three friends who need to read it? If I lie and say it's mine, it'll piss 'em off more.......... I know you'd never know anyway, but I just couldn't do it. And I wouldn't want to violate the FireCalc board copyright laws! :cool:

i think the USA outlawed being poor in this country decades ago. of course there are people with less wealth/income than others here but when compared to other countries in this world there are no poor in this country, our govenment has been willing to pay to make sure of that.

I only buy 4 kinds of socks. White crew socks, black dress socks, warm socks to wear in winter in boots gray with red trim, and over the calf socks to wear with motorcycle boots so the tops of the boots don't chaf his legs.

I don't match his socks and they last much longer. I buy large bunches that all match mostly about 24 pair of white, 18 pair of gray and only a few of the others. So if a white or gray sock has a hole and gets thrown away no problem, when he has less than a week's supply I toss them all and buy new but they last many years and the remaining socks aren't so good.

A long time ago, I filled out a patient info sheet at my Infectious Disease Dr for my emergency contact with my wife's name. Under "Relationship" I wrote "Spousal Unit." Years later I found out that this was perceived as hilarious and I had a great reputation, unknown to me. The staff always talked to me, took care of me, and in general seemed extra nice.

Mike D.

While still two years away from finishing high school, I had to fill in a form to defer my being drafted into the army. Irritated by the box that enquired into my profession, I wrote "trainee astronaut."

Five years later, having finished school and university, and needing another six month deferment to bridge the gap until I intended to leave the country, and appearing in front of a military board led by a very bad-tempered major, I began to wonder if that'd been a good idea...

Hot dog! I just knew we had some fine, distinguished lookin' fellers around here..........:D

Well, if all you need about a guy's face is that his smile doesn't show gaps, then I meet that modest criteria.

PS. I also still have my head full of hair. So much so that I would be willing to go bald if I could get $1 per strand of hair. I would be rich.

Well, if all you need about a guy's face is that his smile doesn't show gaps, then I meet that modest criteria.
The main thing for me about a face is that there is a smile. I am a bit picky however as I do like to see all of the front teeth.
PS. I also still have my head full of hair. So much so that I would be willing to go bald if I could get $1 per strand of hair. I would be rich.
Hey...you've got a backup feature just in case you lose a tooth....:flowers:
(fwiw the hair on the head doesn't matter much to me)

....sorry for the hj...back to the poor house...

The main thing for me about a face is that there is a smile. I am a bit picky however as I do like to see all of the front teeth.

Hey...you've got a backup feature just in case you loose a tooth....:flowers:
(fwiw the hair on the head doesn't matter much to me)

....sorry for the hj...back to the poor house...

I don't always smile.
And if I should lose a front tooth, I can buy one from my dentist. He's got a drawer full of them.
About head hair, I know what you mean. I would shave my head in a second if it makes me look like Yul Brynner. But a guy must learn to be happy with what he's got.
And about this thread, heck it's dead.

But having a woman to care for you, keep your socks matched up, and keep your fridge stocked with beer ought to count for something, no?

Who knew? I kept lugging in the beer for my ex, but I never could get his socks matched up. So THAT must have been the reason why he is now my ex! :facepalm::LOL: (just kidding)

Now that I live alone, I have had zero problem with lost socks and matching socks, interestingly.

I have had zero problem with lost socks

I suspect that at least half the world wants to know the make and model of your washing machine.

On second thought, congrats on enough LYBM that you do laundry by hand.:D Therefore no "eaten" socks.

I suspect that at least half the world wants to know the make and model of your washing machine.

On second thought, congrats on enough LYBM that you do laundry by hand.:D Therefore no "eaten" socks.

:LOL: It's not the washing machine or method, it's the socks which are definitely not LBYM.
On a 2006 trip to Springfield, I went to Bass Pro and bought five pairs of Thorlo trekking socks. These are VERY thick wool socks, thicker than their hiking socks, and they have forever solved my persistent problem with cold feet. I even wear them in the summer. :hide: They are also very thick so when I wear them, I feel like I am walking on pillows. They are expensive but were a wonderful investment in total bliss and comfort.

Anyway, since they are so thick they are quite bulky and cannot cling to something invisibly.

Last edited:

Yep - one of my favorites. 16th year of ER - down to one pinstripe suitable for weddings, funerals and whatevers.

My whitesocks got 'off-colour' so I switched to Wal Mart grey tube socks.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

heh heh heh - that's the big expense when these 'dressy events' pop up - I can never find find that one pair of dress socks I swear I ratholed away for just such an occasion. :rolleyes: ;)

i think the USA outlawed being poor in this country decades ago. of course there are people with less wealth/income than others here but when compared to other countries in this world there are no poor in this country, our govenment has been willing to pay to make sure of that.

I disagree. Go to a homeless shelter sometime and see for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom