> 1 year and counting

megacorp-firee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
[celebrate on]
I've been having sooooo much fun, I actually blew by it and forgot, until my DW reminded me today.
As of July 1st I am 1 year FIREd.
WOW ... it's better than I ever imagined.

Happier, healthier, content ... and having the most fun one can with one's clothes on. :D

Plan your work, work your plan. Don't worry, ... be happy.
Just get here! Don't be afraid ... just walk into the light.

F*ck the recession ( >:D sorry, 3rd glass of Camenere).
[celebrate off]

Yahoo!! I think you can change your quote to "Life is great":)

Congrats mf! I just passed my 2 year mark - also on July 1st. I have changed alot in 2 years....for the better! This FIRE increases your life expectancy!

Party on!

Yeah my wife reminded me today I went out July 10th last year so this is, I guess, my 1st anniversary. Been having so much fun I almost forgot.

Fantastic!

What's your daily routine like?

Routine is the wrong word.

In the past 12 months we have:
traveled Asia - 5 months
refined our gaming skills in LV - 3 months
visited out of town relatives - 2 to 3 weeks

When in town our routine, if you can call it that is something like this;
- up at 10ish (we are nightowls) - leisurely breakfast, read the paper over coffee
- exercise (stretching for back ... trying to get aerobics in also)
- if it's bad weather out, maybe stay in and watch a movie
- depending upon the day, do the chore of the week (she finally got me to do one a week), park, library, museum, zoo, beach, shopping, visiting non-w*rking friends and relatives (not too many of those yet), walk the neighborhood, go into the city and hang out, ...etc.
Dinner in or out, depending on the mood. Friends over occasionally for pops.
Relax at night, watch some TV or movies, surf the web, read, ...etc.
In bed by 1ish at the latest (sometimes :D)
Trying to get some fishing in, but so far calendar has not allowed :rolleyes:

Weekends are for friends and relatives, dinner, lunches, ...etc.

Things on my todo list
- more travel
- perfect my no limit hold'em skills
- learn a few more languages
- learn to sail

As I told my cousins, when they asked about my retirement, at our annual family 4th of July picnic ... I highly recommend this to everyone!

- up at 10ish (we are nightowls) - leisurely breakfast, read the paper over coffee

Relax at night, watch some TV or movies, surf the web, read, ...etc.
In bed by 1ish at the latest (sometimes :D)

May I ask your age....my wife and I kind of follow that routine and I get/got the feeling that staying up late and sleeping in kinda winds down as you get older....

.....maybe not though. :D

May I ask your age....my wife and I kind of follow that routine and I get/got the feeling that staying up late and sleeping in kinda winds down as you get older....

.....maybe not though. :D
57 and I've done this my whole life. I finally got my DW into my bad habits over our 37 years together. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on enjoying your first year of Freedom.

I passed mine in May and things just keep getting better.

We sold the house in 28 days and moved South 6 weeks ago. We are starting a new life in a new area and have already made several new friends.

Travel is limited until we get more boxes unpacked and stuff put away or sold off. We have been very busy with friends and family visiting and staying with us. Being 2 hours from Vegas makes you popular. :D

We are ironing out some chronic health issues and once they are under control we will hit the road again for a few RV trips.

Like Megacorp said...there is NO routine...just the freedom to do what you want when you want. Sure beats w*rk.

Back
Top Bottom