3 years ER'd - wow that was FAST !

Live And Learn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
time flew so quickly that I missed my anniversary of ER ! Life is good - VERY good. I thank this forum every day for giving me the info, and the courage, I needed to retire. No time to chat ... time is fleeting ... and there is too much fun to be had ! (for those thinking about ER - come on in, the water is WONDERFUL !)

time flew so quickly that I missed my anniversary of ER ! Life is good - VERY good. I thank this forum every day for giving me the info, and the courage, I needed to retire. No time to chat ... time is fleeting ... and there is too much fun to be had ! (for those thinking about ER - come on in, the water is WONDERFUL !)

Congrats Live And Learn. I see we are neighbors of sorts.:greetings10:

You'll know retirement is fully embraced when you say :

"WHERE did I used to work?"

I'm out over 5 years and there are many days I still have to pinch myself!

OF course, the same is true for my age (62)...How did THAT happen?!?!??

My 3 year anniversary was July 2nd! I am amazed daily at how much I put off doing, and now i can do the odd jobs around the house at my leisure and still have time for travel and naps!

I am coming up on 4 years, and I can't fathom how fast it has gone by. I can't say it's been entirely fun as the last 6 months involved the illness and ultimate death of my Dad, but am so, SO glad that I was able to devote 100% of my time and resources to him...you cannot put a price on that.

Thankfully, he was a good planner and dealing with his estate is as about easy as it can be (maybe not mentally, but no real preparing for that) and once all settled, I expect my journey on the FIREd road to be most excellent.

I've been retired for 16 years now, and wonder how I ever had time for a job. I also wonder who that old guy in the mirror is....

I'm at two years and can't believe it has been that long. Times goes by fast when you are having fun. LOL

I ditto what Live and Learn said. I not sure I could have done it with out ER and that is a fact.

I remember the first time I asked a question here. The question is a popular question. "Can I Retire with X amount of Dollars". LOL I had no idea that I would be able to retire early with out everyone's gaudiness.

After 3 years I am trying to find a balance between R&R and volunteering. I started out 100% R&R, then 80% volunteering, I went down to 50% volunteering but find that creeping up again. I have a problem saying "no". But I am enjoying the time I spend volunteering. Life is good - very good :) So happy to see so many others who feel the same.

I retired at age 55. Thank God, it's now been 11 years of freedom... and my nest egg continues to grow. To paraphrase "The Richest Man in Babylon"... I have a horde of golden slaves who work for me everyday so I can be a lady of leisure.

Last edited:
Time does fly. Over two years in and I just have never ever regretted the decision. Being anxiety ridden and a numbers guy I just can't say enough about the models available to help those considering RE. Even with all those I had to pay too much to tell me the same thing.

If I was a guy that put all his self worth into work, I'd probably regret it. But I'm not. I love that you can be successful but yet not be in love with work.

So, I'm still in process of formulation of plans and how this will play out long term but I think I'm going to be just fine.

You'll know retirement is fully embraced when you say :

"WHERE did I used to work?"

I'm out over 5 years and there are many days I still have to pinch myself!

OF course, the same is true for my age (62)...How did THAT happen?!?!??
I'm out 5 years as well. Few weeks(or months) back I met a guy who worked for a Megacorp competitor. It felt so odd to do what was normal "hi, I'm MRG from XYZ corporation". No I am not. I'm a happy human being.

That really hit me. It was so normal for me to be confused about where I ended and Megacorp began. I'm glad today nobody cares about what I did.

Coming up on 5 years. Semi-retired and running my "hobby business". Love staying busy and the additional cash. Working too hard? Shut it down for a week or so of travel. And, yes, the time flys by....

I also find that by not having "real job pressure" frees up creativity and opens ideas on financial opportunities.

It's all good!

Congratulations! The same thing happened to us on our 1 year anniversary. I realized it the following day. It was much easier for me to adjust to being retired than I thought it might be. Glad you are enjoying it as much as most on this forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom