A fun day on the road

UncleHoney

Full time employment: Posting here.
Today was a beautiful day in central Ohio, sunny and about 70. A super day for a little road trip to KingWood Center in Mansfield Oh to see the annual tulip display. So we played hookey from retirement, got DW's spider mobile out of the garage and made a day of it.

If you happen to be in the area it's worth the stop to see and it's free. :D

Thousands of tulips are in full bloom this week and the gardens change with the seasons so there is always something new to see.

A link to more pictures.... Index of /KingWood-Center

and a link to Kingwood Center........ The Kingwood Center - Welcome

kingwood-5-5-08-19.jpg

kingwood-5-5-08-15.jpg

I used to enjoy Skagit Valley road trip about 90 miles N of Seattle when I lived in Seattle. Miles and miles of tulips planted to sell/harvest the bulbs from. Just gorgeous. Thanks for reminding me!

Looks beautiful!

I'm outside of Akron, OH, probably less than an hour from Mansfield and I've never heard of Kingwood. Thanks for posting.

Wot's a spider mobile?

The spider mobile is DW's 92 Crown Victoria that very rarely gets out of the garage. One time there was a spider web on the tail pipe and one of her friends started calling it the spider mobile and the name stuck.

I think it's very appropriate for a black car. :D

Yesterday we got 24.9 mpg on the old buggy.

Very nice pictures. As an Ohioan I did not know that it existed. We will have to check it out. Thanks

Thanks for sharing the pics great ones.

When I used to live in NE Ohio. I tried going here as often as I could.

http://www.holdenarb.org/

Its a place not to miss if you are up that way and you love nature.

Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing! :)

The Ottawa tulip festival (billed as the world's largest, although I don't know if that's actually true) takes place every May, and is worth a visit. All events are free. See further Canadian Tulip Festival.

Back
Top Bottom