Apple Watch fall detection

I've heard that the problem mainly occurs in the first week or two of using it, so it could be just a calibration issue. Also, this is new technology, so I wouldn't be surprised at a small percentage of units having glitches.

Both DW and I have the Series 2 Apple Watches, and we love them. I imagine it will be quite some time before we need to upgrade to get this feature, so I have no personal experience with it.

Something doesn’t sound right there. I am very active in sports and have never had a false alarm. I’ve even tried falling down onto a bed and not seen in activate. It wasn’t until I took a very hard fall that it went off for the first time. There may be a problem with her watch if it’s triggering over something as simple as reaching for an item in the kitchen. I don’t recall seeing anything complaints on the Internet forums about false alarms. Most articles I’ve read indicate that even when trying to simulate a fall they could not trigger the alarm to go off.

Agreed - sounds like something is wrong with her watch.

Hmmm...It is perhaps a calibration issue since her watch is fairly new. I'll mention to her that if it continues she should have it looked into.

Back
Top Bottom