Are you retired?

Yes, retired at 55.
Started planning at age 24. Liked w*rking but wanted that time
to be my time.
Takes longer when you have a single income household.

Nope. There was a bunch of turmoil at DW's work this morning, and I was figuring what it would be like to take off right now. So yes it occupies a lot of my time. :)
Looking to retire at 62.

Last edited:
Hello all, not been on here for quite a while but felt I should come on today because I actually retired yesterday! I planned to go 4/5 years ago but actually didn't mind my work and the pension pot needed a little more in it. Anyway aged 58 I've finally done it and looking forward to the future!

Congratulations!![emoji322][emoji324][emoji898][emoji323]

Yes, I retired 8 years ago at 56. Just signed up for Medicare a few days ago.
Life is GOOD!!!

Yes. Retired 22 days before my 55th birthday in 2017. Actually got RIF'ed and was PAID very well to leave when I was going to retire anyway. DW is retiring MA 2022.

Yes. Retired 3 years ago at 56 from Fed Gov. Wife exited last year. Relocated to Bend, OR from Reno area. Love the day hiking in this area. Day 21 of skiing scheduled for tomorrow.

I always intended to go at age 50 but I dithered and the finances didn't work at that age. I also felt a little embarrassed about retiring too early which is crazy really. Anyway done it now. Cheers everyone.

Retired almost 4 years ago at age 57.
If i found this site years ago, probably could have retired at 55.

Yes, retired at 58.

I wanted to retire before I could retire at 51 (modest vested pension WITH supplemented health care). I guess I wanted to retire at about 40.

So why did I stay? Suddenly, by the time I could leave, I had a fun assignment that Megacorp didn't quite catch on that I had created for myself! I guess they finally "caught on" and required me to join the worker bees. I told them to "take this job, etc. etc." I was gone the next week! YMMV

Original post is 6 years old. :cool:

I thought I did, but I think I am semi retired since I manage airbnb and rental house. I hope I can be fully retired asap. Rental and people business is not for me, but just afraid of something happen, so doing one more year for rental business. But I am pretty sure, I would regret to keep longer.

I retired some years ago at 63.

I originally had a vague notion of retiring at 56 but, like a few others here, divorce happened in my mid forties and scrambled whatever plans I had.
I'm not sure age 56 retirement was really feasible had I remained married but I don't worry about it...

Yes. Separated county at 51, SWOG until 53. Went back to another career seasonally PT for a few years then bailed in 2017 after a short term layoff. Just could not make myself go back in (officially 1/31/2018)

Might have left county at 50 but I was taken back to court to give xH more money in my late 40s.

Last edited:
Are you retired? NO - but am FI

How old are you when you retire? N/A

When do you want to retire? 59 (sometime this year)

Interesting to revisit my answer from 4 years ago. I actually retired a year later and a year older than I thought at the time I posted. But that was Megacorp's fault :).

Retired at 58/59.

Looking back, should have, and was able to, retire at 55.

Everyone's number will be different, both the financial number/age and the lifestyle number/age.

Are you retired? Yes.

How old are you when you retire? 51 (8 months ago)

58/63 5 years in to my new career.

Original post is 6 years old. :cool:

Yes. Some of the respondents are no longer with us. :(

And the OP, Enuff2Eat, has not logged in for a year. I hope he's safe from Covid.

Yes, retired April 2020 at 58. Life is good. Spending time on things that I want to do. [emoji41]

Back
Top Bottom