Are you retired?

I am retired.

I retired at age 53 (last June)

From about age 30 I targeted retirement between 55 and 62. When I married a man 10(ish) years older I knew I'd want to retire when he did. He retired last year (and flunked retirement and went back to work right when I retired - but has thankfully fully retired now.)

A small inheritance in 2007, and good market returns pulled in my plan from 55 to 53.

Are you retired? Yes

How old are you when you retire? 53, It's been about 7 months now....

Yes.

56 1/2

Was planning to go at 58

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Are you retired? Yes

How old are you when you retire? 55

When do you want to retire? Long before I actually did!

Are you retired?

Answer: Qualified yes. Doing a little work 3-4 days per month to help out holes in the schedule.

At what age? 55

When did you decide you wanted to retire?

1993 or before, knew I wanted to RE. Met with a financial planner. Wanted to retire at 55. To tell you the truth I never wanted to work. Loved school and summer vacations. Not work.

Are you retired?

How old are you when you retire?

When do you want to retire?

I like to calculate the average age of the people here FIREed. It's a long dream of my but never have enough guts or money to pull the trigger.

enuff

1. Retired-yes

2. Age-49 Jan 2014

3. Started planning around 1997/98. 33 or 34 years old.

Last edited:
Are you retired? Yes

How old were you when you retired? 58

When did you want to retire? 45 - was a lofty plan, but you have to have a plan to make it happen. Although I didn't make 45 - we did retire early 58/57 (5 years now).

Not retired.

Goal is 50.

Sold part of business two years ago and plan to retire in 22 months (or earlier if I can swing it!)
Sold another business when I was 41 and realized that I can do this in about 10 years.
Started dreaming about FI in fall of 1999.

I wanted to retire at 20, work is totally overrated!

I always said that the only reason (apart from the necessities of food & shelter) I ever worked was so that I could quit.

Not yet.

Probably 59

Originally planned for 55, but there was this little hiccup in the stock market, which both decreased the amount of money that I had and increased the amount that I thought I would need.

Are you retired? Yes

How old are you when you retire? 56 (I am 57 now).

When do you want to retire? Always planned to retire on my 55th birthday. Worked another 18 months. That was plenty.

Last edited:
Are you retired? No

How old were you when you retired? 55 is the goal (2018)

When did you want to retire? Still struggle with this. I really enjoy what I do. The goal is to able to leave if I want at 55 and right now it is looking very good, if I am enjoying what I do as much as I do now then it will be a year by year assessment....

Yes.

Thought it was be 56, but things feel into place earlier than expected.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

No.

Plan to retire in 3-4 months and will be 55 then.

Originally planned for 54 but held on for one last annual bonus, and to wait to 2015 in case I want to access my 401k without an early withdrawal penalty.

Are you retired? No

How old are you when you retire? With a fair wind I should be 44 (42 now)

When do you want to retire? When I reach my Number.

32. For whatever reason, this was the age that it suddenly dawned on me that I did not want to work into old age. This was the start of my "ten year plan". It worked. :)

I'm also on a 10 year plan. Current projections show me as being 1.5 years away from FIRE which would be an actual of 9 years. At 42 currently I was a couple of years older than your good self when I woke up to what was possible.

Retired at 38, currently 40. I started dreaming of RE around 30.

No, now 57, have about 40 more work days. Plan was for 55, but work things kept getting in the way. My DH has helped me to put that in perspective !

Retired at age 58. Had vague plan to retire anywhere from 58 to 66. Somewhat predictably, got fired from super-toxic workplace from job that I liked (aside from toxins), at age 58. Agonized over whether to get another similar job. Did not. Pretty happy with decision.

Not retired yet. However I WILL ER before I turn 60 in April 2016.

Back
Top Bottom