Are you retired?

1. Not yet. I will retire at age 63 in 2017.
2. Age 63, which I consider to be an Early Retirement.
3. Full Retirement Age, 66.

1. Yes, retired end of 2015
2. 53
3. Always said I would retire by 50, but it turned out to be harder to extricate from position. Not complaining.... All good now.

Retired? Yes (4 Years Ago)
Age at Retirement? 49
Age Wanted to Retire? 45

Not retired yet.
I plan to retire at 47 in 2024.
I'd like to retire earlier though (and Firecalc says I may be able to). Today would be ideal, but I don't see a big windfall of money showing up out of the blue today to make that happen :D

Not retired yet.

Expect to retire at or before age 62. However, before I joined this forum, as recently as a year ago I had figured on sticking around to age 65. The instructive life stories and nuggets of advice available here have inspired me to make some changes that should bring RE closer by about three years.

Wanted to retire the first year I started my career, age 22. Work wasn't as much fun as I'd hoped. Also, I watched as a guy who talked a lot about retiring contracted liver cancer and died shortly afterward. I've thought about that ever since. Don't be that guy.

Yes! Retired in July 2016. W*ork has always been the means-to-an-end for me. Worked hard and did what I needed to do but since childhood set a goal to retire before 65. Just turned 60. I will post more about my road to retirement at a later date.

I see I missed this thread from last year.

Yes.

Retired at 39 in 1999 - will be 17 years in August.

I knew it was possible at age 35, so started figuring out what it would really take, and kind of in fun set before the next century (i.e. Y2K) as my personal goal.

Sound incredible. Sound too good to be true. :) . Congrats..what do you do with the rest of your life?..hehehehe

Not yet

DW and I will go at 55 which is 2018

Can't wait!!

Retired at age 47 (class of 2013)

Planned retirement ages have ranged from age 40 to never but eventually I settled on "before 50".

Are you retired?

Yes, I retired 7 years ago.

How old (we)re you when you retire(d)?

55 Involuntarily booted out the door

When d(id) you want to retire?

29 I was a fast learner:dance:

Retired: No

Target Year: 2022 (59)

Would like to have retired at 55, had a good chance until Federal Mogul went bankrupt.

Yes, happily into our 4th year now.

Retired at age 48.

Original goal was 42, which was possible, but would not have given us the desired standard of living. So, I guess we did 6 OMY's.

Yes, six months now.

Retired at 57.

Wanted to retire at 48, but DW had other ideas.

No-five months left to w*rk.
I will be 55.
Plan has always been 55 as that is earliest I could leave with a pension.
I would have retired at 50 if not for the pension.

Almost 58.
Diagnosed with pinched nerve in neck this week. Not retired. I can and I might. Don't need this anymore

Back
Top Bottom