Backsliding , I did it again , Dialed 9 first

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It happened again, at home, landline phone , dialed 9 first. Maybe I need therapy to stop this behavior.

You know when you click on a phone number on a webpage or app on your smartphone, and you get a recording that you need to dial 1? Is there any way to automate that?

Last edited:
Fortunately, my phone doesn't ring all that much at work anymore. But for awhile, back in the 1990's, when I was working two jobs trying to get my divorce debt paid down, I'd occasionally answer the phone (at home, or at my day job) with "Thank you for calling Little Caesar's in Bowie, can I take your order?"

Haven't done that in awhile, now, but sometimes I'll still have bad dreams about waiting tables, or jockeying pizzas around.

Fortunately, my phone doesn't ring all that much at work anymore. But for awhile, back in the 1990's, when I was working two jobs trying to get my divorce debt paid down, I'd occasionally answer the phone (at home, or at my day job) with "Thank you for calling Little Caesar's in Bowie, can I take your order?"

Haven't done that in awhile, now, but sometimes I'll still have bad dreams about waiting tables, or jockeying pizzas around.

Not quite that bad - but I still find myself answering the phone at home "Engineering lab - this is Rodi" sometimes.

My husband and kids laugh at me.

The other day I had to leave a message for my insurance adjustor about my roof repair that was in progress I automatically left my previous work phone number with extension. Wow was that plastered into my brain! Just passed two months into retirement-ville, I'm really trying to forget that previous phone number.

Back
Top Bottom