Blow That Dough! - 2019

Bought a new Mazda CX-5 SUV today for 29k all in. Plan to keep it for many years.
DGF had totaled our Civic, but thank god no injuries.

Bought a new Mazda CX-5 SUV today for 29k all in. Plan to keep it for many years.
DGF had totaled our Civic, but thank god no injuries.

DW bought one last year after her 98 Caddy died. She loves the adaptive cruise control and the Bluetooth connection to the speakers in the car. Use it in good health.

DW bought one last year after her 98 Caddy died. She loves the adaptive cruise control and the Bluetooth connection to the speakers in the car. Use it in good health.

Thanks Souschef. Same to you and the DW.

Good for you! A brand new car is a great way to blow that dough.

Oh, yes, our 2017 Subaru Outback was our first new car in 11 years, and it was a HUGE step up. It was our first one with BT, navigation, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, collision warning/avoidance, heated seats, power seats, and probably more that I'm forgetting. I joke that the car is smarter than we are.

Bought a new kayak sized for small to medium sized paddlers and weights 35 lbs for $1100. Eddyline Rio. C090F710-AE17-4171-ABC4-905118E05C92.jpeg

kcowan said:
Our offer was accepted for a $610k new condo 1.5 blocks from the beach in PV.

Will be finished January 2020. 2184 sq.ft.
Great news. We sold our existing condo for $315k so some relief on cashflow for the progress payments on the new place. Closing July 2. All furniture include so lots of shopping and decisions to make for the new place.

WOW, just the two first-class flights OR a 14-day European cruise for two people could have been $9K alone, you must be a world-class deal hunter!

Hi Cosmic Avenger, we have an American Express Card that is a buy one get one free 1st class ticket per year. (Have to use in the continental US). It also includes access to the Sky Club when we fly. We did that to New York and back. Took the cruise over to Europe. Paid for 2 nights in a hotel in New York. Paid for one night in New New Jersey on our way back. The cruise was very reasonable $2,400 (for both of us) since it was a re-positioning cruise and included all our food except for the lunches we purchased while in Europe. Train rides are cheap and Uber was reasonable. The one way first class tickets on Norwegian Air one way from Amsterdam were only $1,700 for the both of us.

That would be my husband who is the King of frugal and good deals. I just let him plan it all he does it so well.

Hi Cosmic Avenger, we have an American Express Card that is a buy one get one free 1st class ticket per year. (Have to use in the continental US). It also includes access to the Sky Club when we fly. We did that to New York and back. Took the cruise over to Europe. Paid for 2 nights in a hotel in New York. Paid for one night in New New Jersey on our way back. The cruise was very reasonable $2,400 (for both of us) since it was a re-positioning cruise and included all our food except for the lunches we purchased while in Europe. Train rides are cheap and Uber was reasonable. The one way first class tickets on Norwegian Air one way from Amsterdam were only $1,700 for the both of us.

That would be my husband who is the King of frugal and good deals. I just let him plan it all he does it so well.

We had a VISA card tied to BA. If you spent x$ you got a free companion ticket. Using miles, we flew RT LA to Moscow Business Class for about $2200 for the 2 of us.:D

[furiously takes notes] ;)

It occurred to me while reading the thread about comfortable reading glasses, that I always intended on getting nicer reading glasses but somehow hadn't.

I love my very first Ray-Ban sunglasses that I got after my cataract surgery a few years back, so it occurred to me that their reading glasses might be nice, too. I ordered a pair of Ray-Ban reading glasses just now for $189.

Compared with the $10.95 that my present reading glasses cost (on Amazon), I think this qualifies as a Blow That Dough purchase. :D Pretty exciting, really!

For the first time I encountered "Amazon Pay", which pays a third party seller through Amazon without having to give the seller my CC number. I really like that.

Edited to add: Now why was this so much more fun than paying my car insurance, my homeowner's insurance, and my wind-and-hail (hurricane) insurance, today? :2funny:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 408
Blowing some dough on our new to us home. Interior and exterior painting plus whole house crown molding install scheduled. Then there's that new golf cart on the horizon. Oh, and the new living, dining and guest bedroom furniture.

Went out on a big spending spree last week, bought a razor blade subscription from Harry's. $15 every 5 months. I have a beard but shave my neck, throat and cheeks, just got tired of trying to find the right blade at the store for my assortment of razors. Look out Robbie, I'm gaining ground on you!

Went out on a big spending spree last week, bought a razor blade subscription from Harry's. $15 every 5 months. I have a beard but shave my neck, throat and cheeks, just got tired of trying to find the right blade at the store for my assortment of razors. Look out Robbie, I'm gaining ground on you!

That's a portion of one special dinner for RobbieB. :LOL:

I too, have been a bit busy.

I bought a 28 year old fishing boat/motor/trailer - that works like new...and since I needed a place to store it, I’m building a 2700sf (undercover) two story garage. Blow that dough!

Attachments

• 40D40EEE-E179-4C6F-BBF1-342B04C02734.jpg
    40D40EEE-E179-4C6F-BBF1-342B04C02734.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • EC89211E-0943-4612-BBFB-529645D0E032.jpg
    EC89211E-0943-4612-BBFB-529645D0E032.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 88
My latest Blow that Dough!.... a iRobot Braava 240 robot mop. Been playing with it this afternoon. Dry swept the master bedroom while I took a nap... our cleaning lady had mopped that room just Monday and it looked clean... but the dry pad (works like a Swiffer) picked up an impressive amount of dirt and dust and furballs... it also picked up a pin that DW had left behind so at least my bare foot didn't pick it up! In fairness to our cleaning lady this little robot gets under the bed and bureaus and nightstands better than she does so that may be why it picked up so much.

Now it is wet mopping the kitchen and seems to be doing a nice job.

Pretty impressive little robot for $150.

I bought a 28 year old fishing boat/motor/trailer - that works like new...and since I needed a place to store it, I’m building a 2700sf (undercover) two story garage. Blow that dough!

The garage looks good.

Now, the boat needs to be upsized to match.

Blow more dough!

Back
Top Bottom