Blow that Dough 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my wife's heath allows it, a nice trip to Hawaii will be nice.

bought a sleep # bed. Get's delivered on 3 Jan. St Croix in February is already paid for. Flight, VRBO and rental car. Technically everything was purchased and credit card paid off in 2022 so should have posted there. Plan for frozen four in Tampa (April) Belfast in June for a week (tenative), Costa Rica in July (all inclusive SCUBA), rock festival in Vegas (October). That should be it for the big spends. Vehicle is a 2010 BMW X5 diesel with 235K on it. Thinking about trading in for something (not diesel). Probably not. Gate for the side yard ($3K). Forgot about Independence Day fireworks. I usually spend about 2K. That gives us a pretty good show.

Last edited:
I made reservations for camping away from all the fireworks for the 4th of July weekend. $76 woohoo! That's our travel budget for 2023!
:D
It is an annual tradition, we go into the national forests to keep our furry friends happy. We even take extra dogs, an extended pack enjoying the peace and quiet.

I bought a Kreg Foreman last year but haven't opened it yet. That count?

Also dropped a couple grand on mom's home repairs this week... For a good cause.

We don’t have to pay for our new 77” LG OLED until February, so I’m reposting it ha ha.

I went on the hunt for affordable yoga nearby and surprised myself by joining a club. It’s a century old in a grand building, with a bunch of other amenities in addition to the fitness classes, like pickle ball courts, a pool, a gym, a classic books club, wine club, restaurants, bars, reciprocity with other clubs around the world, etc. The monthly membership price is $129, which is cheap yoga for 3 days/week. I paid a $300 fee to join and have a $150/quarter dining obligation.

I also know that one gets what one pays for and, so far, the staff is completely unresponsive, new and lacks knowledge about much of anything. Water was dripping from the ceiling on the grand piano during my tour, and the yoga class I came for just went virtual, defeating the whole purpose. LOL! I committed for one year, so we’ll see if I’ve blown my dough on anything of value with this joint.

Ski trip to Austria -Jan.
Ski trip to Switzerland -Feb.
Trip to UK for 80s disco party-Feb.
Ski trip to Sweden-Mar.
Trip to Uzbekistan-Apr.
Trip to hike part of Santiago de Compostela-May.
Trip to Jordan with 99s-Oct-Nov.
Donation to museum-Jan.
Donation to engineering organization for scholarships-Jan.
Trip to NL to visit friend-May-June.
Possible trip to Amsterdam or Basel to meet parents after/before their cruise.
Provence-trip was cancelled due to COVID-was a DIY-probably do in Sep.

And, will be for sure this year (earliest Oct, latest Dec) ending being an employee of any kind. Will still consult on interesting jobs, but that will be enjoyable and very small part-time. First quit notice is to university from adjunct position this month.

Happy New Year to all!!! And best wishes for a great 2023.

DW and I love to occasionally regress and relive one of our absolute best, most memorable dates ever, one full day at Carowinds back in 1973, when we were sweet 16! It was magical!

So, we have 10 days booked at WDW 1/29 to 2/7/2023. The teenagers in us can’t wait! :dance: and BTD!

I went on the hunt for affordable yoga nearby and surprised myself by joining a club. It’s a century old in a grand building, with a bunch of other amenities in addition to the fitness classes, like pickle ball courts, a pool, a gym, a classic books club, wine club, restaurants, bars, reciprocity with other clubs around the world, etc. The monthly membership price is $129, which is cheap yoga for 3 days/week. I paid a $300 fee to join and have a $150/quarter dining obligation.

I also know that one gets what one pays for and, so far, the staff is completely unresponsive, new and lacks knowledge about much of anything. Water was dripping from the ceiling on the grand piano during my tour, and the yoga class I came for just went virtual, defeating the whole purpose. LOL! I committed for one year, so we’ll see if I’ve blown my dough on anything of value with this joint.

Wow..... Can you cancel, as virtual yoga seems similar to watching yoga videos on AARP or youtube and following along.

Big dawg, you are going to love the sleep number bed. Plus it’s impossible to wear out unless you can no longer get a part for it.

Our big spend in 2023 will be solar with a battery pack. Doing the installer research now and getting very frustrated. Some of the recommended ones have terrible Yelp reviews. When something goes wrong with your system, you want a company that's responsive and competent.

Happy New Year everyone!

I’m totally mortified by the water dripping from the ceiling onto the grand piano!

We purchased an RV late summer 2022.
We will be doing some major travel in 2023!

WHELP, DW went and did it, going to stay 8 days at Mystique, Santorini...

We've been wanting to go for last couple years but......

So it's done 700,000 and we'll enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We booked a week-long RV trip on Outdoorsy for the last week in March. I was able to find a model that we're considering buying, so this will be a great opportunity to live with it for a week to see if we like it.

Edit: I wrote RV, but it's actually a class-B van.

Last edited:
My car leaked all oil when driving back home in the early morning of 12/31. Already costed close to $800. I will know on Monday if the mechanics will find more serious problems. May need to buy a new car.

I’m totally mortified by the water dripping from the ceiling onto the grand piano!

Really. Could the universe give me a bigger shout to “run from this place”? No. Did I listen? No, because I want to experience it for a year and either continue or get it out of my system for good. I’ve walked past it for years and have been intrigued by it. It’s owned by a couple who are serial entrepreneurs/historic preservationists who specialize in restoring classic buildings in our city into restaurants, boutique hotels, a lake resort, a couple of clubs, etc. Some ventures work out and some don’t but I applaud them for trying. I gather they are out of the country at present, which is probably why the club is so chaotic right now. Mice will play, and all.

Ski trip to Austria -Jan.
Ski trip to Switzerland -Feb.
Trip to UK for 80s disco party-Feb.
Ski trip to Sweden-Mar.
Trip to Uzbekistan-Apr.
Trip to hike part of Santiago de Compostela-May.
Trip to Jordan with 99s-Oct-Nov.
Donation to museum-Jan.
Donation to engineering organization for scholarships-Jan.
Trip to NL to visit friend-May-June.
Possible trip to Amsterdam or Basel to meet parents after/before their cruise.
Provence-trip was cancelled due to COVID-was a DIY-probably do in Sep.
That's quite a list. Looks like you could easily slip a "Donation to REWahoo" in there somewhere. :)

And, will be for sure this year (earliest Oct, latest Dec) ending being an employee of any kind. Will still consult on interesting jobs, but that will be enjoyable and very small part-time. First quit notice is to university from adjunct position this month.

For sure for sure? Are you sure? :cool:

Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 5.12.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 5.12.27 PM.png
    405.3 KB · Views: 98
deserat >> Now that is some BTD but looks like a great way to do it. Very Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom