Blow That Dough! - 2019

IMG_6946.jpg. I splurged on a special Spine stretching Medicine chair .. cured my lower back pain completely and straightened my spine to original position. DW says I now have the best posture. Also cured carpal tunnel with the heated hand compression.

View attachment 31819. I splurged on a special Spine stretching Medicine chair .. cured my lower back pain completely and straightened my spine to original position. DW says I now have the best posture. Also cured carpal tunnel with the heated hand compression.

Interesting.
Cost?

two tickets to the Eagles in Vegas this October. $1300 total. Can't take it with you!

It is worth every penny. Deacon Frey and Vince Gill are icing on an already delicious cake.

I saw them twice last year, and hope they have some US dates in 2020 and I'll travel wherever I need to to see them. Never know when it will be the last time.

Concerts are getting out of sight , a friend of ours got VIP tickets with back stage to see Andre Rieu in Holland 1200.00 each . another friend went to Le Mans a few weeks ago
1800.00 each . We don't spend that kind of money . Not on the Eagles ...Maybe Andre Rieu. If it included a tour of his castle !

I still like the music from decades ago but have no interest in seeing those acts in concert any more.

They're way past their primes.

Concerts are getting out of sight , a friend of ours got VIP tickets with back stage to see Andre Rieu in Holland 1200.00 each . another friend went to Le Mans a few weeks ago
1800.00 each . We don't spend that kind of money . Not on the Eagles ...Maybe Andre Rieu. If it included a tour of his castle !
I'm giving up on seeing the big name bands of old. Way too much$$ for past prime acts.
See a lot of low cost musicians that are just as good, but haven't had their lucky break or are in an unpopular genre.

Interesting.
Cost?

HI Dtail.

I spent about $4,000. Right now, it is $4,300 but you can get a discount if you ask. The specialty of this chair is posture correction and stretching your spine.
Now, there are many 'massage chairs', and almost all of them are 'Made in China'. This is 'Made in Japan'. So, Made in China chairs are around $2000-$5000 and have 1 year warranties. This Chair comes with a 5 Year In-Home Warranty .. so they will come to your house to repair it, if it has a problem. The Chinese Chairs have 1 year warranty.

And it is not primarily a massage Chair, but Spine/Posture correction .. but it has excellent massage functions too for the shoulder, neck, back, lower back, legs, arms and hands .. it has heat for hands and feet to improve circulation. It will give you the best massage as it covers a lot of your back and shoulder and legs. And it will also rotate your hips. It has hip massage.

I've tried the top end massage/stretching chairs which cost like $8,000-$10,000, but this is so far the right fit for DW and myself. This chair is ok for people 5.0 feet - 6.0 feet tall in height. My DW is only 5 feet, and I'm 5'8" so it works. If you are huge and taller than 6'1' .. you may want to try the Inada Sogno. Here are some links.

I got is from emassagchair. Although I paid in full, they also do interest-free installment for 6 months I think. Here are some links. All massage chairs are compared to the Inada brand, because Inada is the leader in this market.

https://www.emassagechair.com/inada-flex-3s-massage-chair.html

https://www.inadausa.com/massage-chair-models/flex-3s/

Outside the US, this is called the Inada Medicine Chair .. here it is call Inada Flex 3S
This link from the Netherlands should give you a lot more explanation.

I was thinking of going to a chiropractor or back therapists for my back pain .. not anymore .. this cured everything.

https://medicarelax.com/product/inada-3sflex-japanise-massage-chair/

Last edited:
Thanks. Looks and sounds about right.

That's a China made one, and with a poor stretching function. All China made chairs only have 1 stretching function ..while lying down. the one I have will stretch you like a chiropractor would in a sitting upright position I would not go for that one, quality wise.

Last edited:
So as soon as I post I'm not spending to see past prime acts, I bought a pair of tickets to see John Prine. Only $200 after the TicketMaster screwing.

HI Dtail.

I spent about $4,000. Right now, it is $4,300 but you can get a discount if you ask. The specialty of this chair is posture correction and stretching your spine.
Now, there are many 'massage chairs', and almost all of them are 'Made in China'. This is 'Made in Japan'. So, Made in China chairs are around $2000-$5000 and have 1 year warranties. This Chair comes with a 5 Year In-Home Warranty .. so they will come to your house to repair it, if it has a problem. The Chinese Chairs have 1 year warranty.

And it is not primarily a massage Chair, but Spine/Posture correction .. but it has excellent massage functions too for the shoulder, neck, back, lower back, legs, arms and hands .. it has heat for hands and feet to improve circulation. It will give you the best massage as it covers a lot of your back and shoulder and legs. And it will also rotate your hips. It has hip massage.

I've tried the top end massage/stretching chairs which cost like $8,000-$10,000, but this is so far the right fit for DW and myself. This chair is ok for people 5.0 feet - 6.0 feet tall in height. My DW is only 5 feet, and I'm 5'8" so it works. If you are huge and taller than 6'1' .. you may want to try the Inada Sogno. Here are some links.

I got is from emassagchair. Although I paid in full, they also do interest-free installment for 6 months I think. Here are some links. All massage chairs are compared to the Inada brand, because Inada is the leader in this market.

https://www.emassagechair.com/inada-flex-3s-massage-chair.html

https://www.inadausa.com/massage-chair-models/flex-3s/

Outside the US, this is called the Inada Medicine Chair .. here it is call Inada Flex 3S
This link from the Netherlands should give you a lot more explanation.

I was thinking of going to a chiropractor or back therapists for my back pain .. not anymore .. this cured everything.

https://medicarelax.com/product/inada-3sflex-japanise-massage-chair/

Just saw this now. Thanks so much for the follow up details. My lower back is "dull pain" sore at times, sometimes after Pickleball.
More importantly, my DGF has back issues and sees a chiropractor and to be honest, I don't think he really is making a difference for us.
I will look into it further.

I still like the music from decades ago but have no interest in seeing those acts in concert any more.

They're way past their primes.

We don't do many concerts anymore (last one was Peter Frampton and Steve Miller Band, so it wasn't crazy at all!) not so much for the cost, but the madness of it all. And music festivals? Oh no way! I like this video that delves into music festivals...

We now try to see original bands but not for major bucks anymore. A few years ago, we saw "Heart" for around $70 a ticket. She still had a great voice except at the highest octaves. Great concert.
Same thing for "Air Supply".

And here is my other toy before the Porsche but after July 5th, I must learn to live on $60k per year. Off-shore fishing boat IMG_2604.JPG

Last edited:
I'm modding up an old (rust free) 1996 F150 for daily use during the Winter;
-tinted windows
-new stereo/speakers
-new truck bed liner
-fixing the front suspension
-full tune up including belts, hoses, plugs/wires, cap/rotor, fluids, and filters
-new brighter headlights, and fog lights
-steering wheel, and dash covers

And here is my other toy before the Porsche but after July 5th, I must learn to live on $60k per year. Off-shore fishing boat View attachment 31886

Thinking you might have a problem with the $60k figure. Gas, insurance, tags and other incidentals for the toys might have you living under a bridge dining on cat food on that income.

Love my Tilley hat too! Have had it for almost two decades, so no excuse to Blow Dough. Did Blow Dough on a new smartphone though, although it’s a model 3 years old.

Thinking you might have a problem with the $60k figure. Gas, insurance, tags and other incidentals for the toys might have you living under a bridge dining on cat food on that income.

This.... plus, while we can't tell much from the pics, the property taxes on your dwelling are probably not negligible either... BUT: you are correct, BLOW THAT DOUGH! :greetings10:

My wife and I already did a monthly expense budget and it’ looks good on paper including associated costs for the new car but not the new boat. I am in SoCal and coworkers could not believe my yearly expenses is only 60k per year and no way we live on cat food. The key for me is zero debt but reality will kick in about two weeks.

Last edited:
i bought 7 more antique Harley Davidson motorcycles in the last month & a half for a bit over $103,000 blow that dough!

+1

I used to think I could live on that much. Well, I could if I had to. I am sure I could do it, if there was no other choice.

Thankfully, I have had another choice. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom