Blow That Dough! - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a sauna kit and am in the process of installing it. The kit showed up without the star attraction (the heater and controls), so am stuck waiting. Not that I can't just go outside to begin sweating, hehe!

Looks really nice. Too bad about the delay for the heater!

I built mine 16 years ago and we still enjoy it immensely.

Attachments

• IMGP3088.JPG.jpg
    IMGP3088.JPG.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 70
Looks really nice. Too bad about the delay for the heater!

I built mine 16 years ago and we still enjoy it immensely.
Looks nice too!

And I got a UPS notice... getting the heater today!

Bought a sauna kit and am in the process of installing it.

Sauna looks great.

I’m in the research phase of home sauna installation and have seen various sources mention ventilation. A low air inlet and a high vent to promote circulation.

Does the exit vent have to connect to outside the house basement or does the warm air get released into the basement?

Thanks

SDoes the exit vent have to connect to outside the house basement or does the warm air get released into the basement?

Not a problem. I've built basement saunas in our last two houses. Just have a vent below the heater and another up near the ceiling, preferably on the opposite side of the room. That way you get gentle air circulation and it exhausts right into the basement and dissipates naturally.

Not a problem. I've built basement saunas in our last two houses. Just have a vent below the heater and another up near the ceiling, preferably on the opposite side of the room. That way you get gentle air circulation and it exhausts right into the basement and dissipates naturally.

Thanks [emoji106]

I bought a Fishman mini guitar amp and a Ditto looper. $665....blowing dough!

New Intelligent Multi Format Player, with custom connectivity software for data sharing. $Ouch!

Attachments

• 1104658040.jpg
    1104658040.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 113
The landscaping is up to 45 grand. Getting closer.

DW has a mild case of COPD, and does not do well at altitude. In fact when we were in Taos, at 7000 feet, her oxygen level dropped.
The other problem, is cabin altitude on an airplane is between 6000 and 7000 feet. This causes a problem for her.
Another issue is that one of her sons moved to Nevada, and if we want to drive up to see his family, the passes are over 7000 feet, no matter which route we take.

Thank goodness, she is not seriously ill, but Medicare requires the oxygen level to be 88% or less before they will buy a concentrator for a patient.
I spoke to Inogen, and they offered a $1000 discount on their newest model.
We had to jump through some hoops with a pulmonologist, but we got the prescription.
Total cost for a G5 concentrator, cables, battery and case was $1500. We added a double battery and a backpack for another $500.

IMO, it was money well spent.

DW has a mild case of COPD, and does not do well at altitude. In fact when we were in Taos, at 7000 feet, her oxygen level dropped.
The other problem, is cabin altitude on an airplane is between 6000 and 7000 feet. This causes a problem for her.
Another issue is that one of her sons moved to Nevada, and if we want to drive up to see his family, the passes are over 7000 feet, no matter which route we take.

Thank goodness, she is not seriously ill, but Medicare requires the oxygen level to be 88% or less before they will buy a concentrator for a patient.
I spoke to Inogen, and they offered a $1000 discount on their newest model.
We had to jump through some hoops with a pulmonologist, but we got the prescription.
Total cost for a G5 concentrator, cables, battery and case was $1500. We added a double battery and a backpack for another $500.

IMO, it was money well spent.

That was a great price !

Done with the deck and the stairs.

Attachments

• IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    842.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0841.jpg
    DSC_0841.jpg
    698.3 KB · Views: 99
Just spent $2k on shelving for our bodega with Uline. This should enable us to store more junk than otherwise!

Just wrote a check for $142,571 for 2019 Federal Taxes. Does that count as blowing dough? (I had safe harbor, so no penalties or interest)

Fed taxes

Just wrote a check for $142,571 for 2019 Federal Taxes. Does that count as blowing dough? (I had safe harbor, so no penalties or interest)

I don’t consider that blowing dough just part of the cost of making all that money you owed taxes on! I on the other hand paid zero taxes for 2019 so am glad someone is paying them to keep the lights on. Dim bulbs they may be.,,,,,

Only seven grand for me. Five hundred for what I owed for 2019 and the rest on 2020 estimated.

No federal or state tax for me in 2019. Yay ACA.

Bought a new Car. Not as high as Corn18's Taxes (^^^^^^^^), but a lot for me. We DREAM about paying taxes that high.

Just put down a new garage floor with this stuff.
Raised Coin Pattern PVC Tiles

Definitely in Blow That Dough territory, but available for less at other sites. This link is to the manufacturer. Very easy to install and I'm extremely pleased with it.

The previous owner had put some kind of epoxy coating on the garage floor which looked nice but was quite slippery when wet. As my balance is nowhere as good as it used to be, that scared me a little, so I wanted a nonslip surface.

All you need to install it is a rubber mallet, and most of the time not even that. The pieces interlock securely, and they have air channels on the bottom to eliminate condensation concerns. Also very easy to cut to fit the edges with just a regular utility knife.

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 2.09.50 PM.png

Our additional taxes due were $72,487 for federal and $22,584 for state for 2019 and is scheduled for automatic withdrawal on July 15th, 2020. The penalties were calculated by the tax software and are included. It's going to be "blow that dough" for the federal and state governments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom