Blow That Dough! - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put down a deposit on a boat. Im also waiting for a new dock and lift to be installed

I will have more in the boat and dock than many houses I’ve owned. Also more than my plane.

Between boat and home remodeling I’m really blowing that dough.

Intrepid?

The forms are down;

49965361561_971eedc84a_o.jpg

The cement truck and the pump arrive at 6:00 tomorrow. The crew arrives at 5:30.

49965361641_d4b8acc872_o.jpg

Tomorrow is gonna be a fun day!

You are going to put paw prints with a name and date in one corner, right?

Just bought 18 boxes of vinyl planks at Costco. I am ready to work on the kitchen floor and the entry.

Just reading this makes my knees hurt...

We bought a couple of balance pads on Amazon to improve our balance...we use them as knee savers...expensive but worth every penny.

What, you planning to do time trials between the springs and the top of Wolf Creek Pass? :cool:
That's an exciting road to drive no matter what you are driving. DW'S Wrangler goes plenty fast for that, but passing vehicles around here can be problematic. Little acceleration can't hurt when used judiciously.

Just bought 18 boxes of vinyl planks at Costco. I am ready to work on the kitchen floor and the entry.

Misty Harbor Oak? We just finished doing a bathroom and a porch with that material.

Robbie - Between the cement squares, what are you going to do ?

The spaces will be filled with decorative rock, 3/4" so won't get stuck in shoes and allow good drainage and air to the tree roots.

The cement is in and looks great, now watering to keep moist and get a good hard cure. Forms get pulled tomorrow and then we can proceed with the planters.

Project now up to 25 grand, about halfway there - :)

Last edited:
Well I guess this qualifies for this 'Blow that Dough' thread.....spent over $700,000 for a house in the middle of the pandemic. Just maybe I'm getting a little less conservative as I get older.

Well I guess this qualifies for this 'Blow that Dough' thread.....spent over $700,000 for a house in the middle of the pandemic. Just maybe I'm getting a little less conservative as I get older.

You won, I am building 500k+ now (mostly cash).

Mohawk Home Cascade Oak Waterproof Rigid 5mm Thick Luxury Vinyl Plank. Probably same thing.
We had a similar luxury vinyl plank installed in our new house a year ago (Armstrong Rigid Core 5mm). We like it a lot.

Spent $1700 getting our condo interior painted - 4 colors.

DW was awaiting hip replacement surgery in Vancouver June 10th. When Covid hit, and they cancelled all elective surgeries, we decided to have it done here in Mexico. So it cost C$25k to have it done here.

She is recuperating and will likely be ready to travel in August. The risk from flying is thrombosis. There are still no plans to conduct elective surgeries again in Vancouver.

Last edited:
Bought my wife a Pedego ebike for $1650. She seems to enjoy it. May have to get one for myself, too.

999c45a764758ecb105ed28b9c8ff80e.jpg

Well, I went and got one for me, too. Mine was a bit more @ $4k.

pedego-platinum-1.jpg

Robbie, I would love to see photos of your completed project. I am currently getting bids for a new walkway, driveway, 4 sidewalk squares and the driveway between the street and sidewalk. We are going with stamped concrete stained in a charcoal grey. So far the bids are between $10k - $12k.

Next we will tackle the walkway and patio in the backyard, we want to tear out what is there, put in new decorative concrete and have a new structure built.

Since we can't travel we are working through our home improvements list. It will be good to do it now while we still have time to enjoy it. We fixed up our last house before putting it on the market and never got to enjoy the improvements.

My Brother in Law, the landscaper, will be over Monday to lay out the plan for the plants and the planters. From my experience the concrete work should be around $10 / sq-ft.

Yeah, I agree about the dough, we're not traveling either and the restaurants are still take out only. They say your landscaping should be 10 to 15% of home value and this will be somewhere between 15 and 20.

Bought a sauna kit and am in the process of installing it. The kit showed up without the star attraction (the heater and controls), so am stuck waiting. Not that I can't just go outside to begin sweating, hehe!

Attachments

• IMG_20200611_205748695.jpg
    IMG_20200611_205748695.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom