Blow That Dough! - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife said: NFW.

That's what my wife said about this:

056C2F9B-6E61-40E5-8773-6DDFC9B6FBA8.jpg

It's nicer than the apartment we are living in while we are waiting for our house to be built. She was unimpressed.

It's nicer than the apartment we are living in while we are waiting for our house to be built. She was unimpressed.

I am! I think that would be so much more comfortable to stay in while your house is being built, right there on your property so you could check on everything during that process.

Also, later on it would be nice to have for guests or for unexpected quarantine or other emergency usage, and travel if you like travel (I don't) or evacuations. Or, for a man-cave or woman-cave private area.

But if it was me, I'd want to arrange handrails or a ramp or something for easier entry (I'm old).

I am thinking about one. My nephew purchased a cb500r. Mind telling me your price I am wondering what the discounts are? Nephew paid 4,200 but was left over 2018. Thanks

The bike was a 2018 NC750X for $6200. Best price I could find. No company discounts that i found. Love how quiet it is

WR2, RV’s deteriorate and most parts are plastic that break. You lose money when you sell. Much less space than a apartment. Spent a month traveling in it which was my limit. Used it more as a guest bedroom.

Ordering my first pellet grill, looking forward to it!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 6.34.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 6.34.49 PM.png
    451.2 KB · Views: 68
Buying a new motorcycle. Hard to pass up deals on the Covid Re-opening sales! Finding enjoyment on dilly dally day drives, so, decided to add a riding toy to the mix.
I saw a convertible go by today (car lust) but I JUST bought a new Subaru. I was planning on waiting on the toy car till next Feb. I wish I'd done it in the opposite order. A convertible would be lots of fun right now- when driving around with the top down is one of the few fun allowable activities. Sigh- it won't be long...

Congrats on the motorcycle.

Yeah Baby! Get on your bad motor scooter and ride.

I've been riding motorcycles for 40 years now and no plans to stop anytime soon.

Our DD needs to buy her first new vehicle (car she has is 12+ years old). While she has the money, credit, and job to be able to do it, we're going to gift her enough to make this a more comfortable decision. I figure if we don't need to blow that dough on ourselves, might as well help our only child and be able to watch her enjoy it. :)

Last edited:
Our last RV trip down the west coast sparked the desire to buy the motorcycle. HWY 1 in Califoria was absolutely beautiful, but was a windy twisty nightmare driving an RV. Next time, I'll have the 2 wheel toy to manage those curves on HWY 1. Giddy just thinking about it!

I saw a convertible go by today (car lust) but I JUST bought a new Subaru. I was planning on waiting on the toy car till next Feb. I wish I'd done it in the opposite order. A convertible would be lots of fun right now- when driving around with the top down is one of the few fun allowable activities. Sigh- it won't be long...

Congrats on the motorcycle.

Yeah, that is one of our relief mechanisms. Take the convertible out for a ride to nowhere 2-3x weekly.

Our restaurants are opening at 50% capacity so intend to have a nice lunch on their patio by the river.

Sweet! I hope ours open soon, I really miss the sushi bar.

I bought an old fiberglass jon boat (tri-hull design) that I m re-furbing for some reservoir/river duty. I am building a casting deck, mounting 2 swivel seats, and getting a Minn Kota 55# thrust electric trolling motor. I also bought a used boat trailer (way too big, but converting it for a small boat.

By far spending $300 on the trolling motor was the most expensive item so far, I got the boat for $75, and the trailer for $200.

056C2F9B-6E61-40E5-8773-6DDFC9B6FBA8.jpg

I hear you! Was dreaming about a trailer or RV to escape the dreary weather and boring topography of our “up north” home town even before retirement. Quickly vetoed by DW.

Now 5 years into retirement, we bought a 2nd home, a winter house in SE Arizona with a view of a mountain. And we’re remodeling the new place too...

We’re supposed to be selling our northern home now, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Still waiting for the end of lockdown so we can even start thinking of the next step. So we inadvertently have become a 2 home household. Could be worse, we used to own 3homes!

No desire to buy an RV anytime soon. I’m cured, for now!

Ordering my first pellet grill, looking forward to it!

Nice! We love our Camp Chef pellet grill. Best ever smoked chicken!

We got Grillgrates brand searing kit to sear salmon and asparagus. Works well and cuts pellet consumption when you want to sear.

Smaller purchase than a boat, but sorely needed for yard cleanup (leaves).

Greenworks Pro 60-volt Max Brushless Lithium Ion Self-propelled 21-in Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
https://www.greenworkstools.com/shop-by-tool/mowers

Technically I did not blow the dough, since it was covered by a gift card from #1 Son.

It does a good job mulching last year's dried leaves. It's a lawnmower, but has enough "Turbo" to get through a decent pile of leaves. Removing the sticks first is recommended.

I don't know why (Yes I do. I've been being cheap.), but I've been using an incomplete set of cooking measuring cups and spoons for a very long time.

The sizes on all of these cups and spoons were printed on labels, and the printed sizes are all worn away.

I just ordered a beautiful new set of stainless steel measuring cups and spoons with the sizes etched into the handles. I've been wanting these for years.

I ordered from a local kitchen supply store to give them some business.

I also ordered a new stainless steel strainer, and an instant meat thermometer while I was at it. Ive been wanting these also for some time. Blowing that dough again.

I'm still hesitating on ordering up a new garage and truck. Hopefully that will happen too.

Take care, JP

I don't know why (Yes I do. I've been being cheap.), but I've been using an incomplete set of cooking measuring cups and spoons for a very long time.

The sizes on all of these cups and spoons were printed on labels, and the printed sizes are all worn away.

I just ordered a beautiful new set of stainless steel measuring cups and spoons with the sizes etched into the handles. I've been wanting these for years.

I ordered from a local kitchen supply store to give them some business.

I also ordered a new stainless steel strainer, and an instant meat thermometer while I was at it. Ive been wanting these also for some time. Blowing that dough again.

I'm still hesitating on ordering up a new garage and truck. Hopefully that will happen too.

Take care, JP
If you are that much into cooking, check out the sister site of this. DiscussCooking.com. DW is very active there and I have been the beneficiary of many of their recipes and suggestions. That is also the reason my screen name is Souschef

Regarding my comment at the end of my recent post:

My comment:

I might need a good talking to, by the Zen Master of blowing that dough (Robbie himself).

I spent a chunk on a snowbird townhome in FL, and my stash dropped about 15% in the recent market activity. I will be fine, but it has affected my blow that dough spending mojo.

My brother tells me that I'm going to be the favorite uncle when I kick over without spending any of my retirement money.
That is motivation.

Note: Nieces and nephews struggle to even say hi to any of their aunts and uncles during family holidays. They are getting a little better now that they are no longer cool teenagers.

Take care, JP

Thanks Souschef. I will check that site out.

I'm a total amateur, but I love eating good food, and I seem to enjoy trying to create good food.

I also bring leftovers to my two aunts, and several friends. Nobody seems to object to eating good food. Maybe they throw it in the trash when I leave, but I suspect not .

PS: having a few drinks prior to a good meal is also one of life's great pleasures.

JP

If you are that much into cooking, check out the sister site of this. DiscussCooking.com. DW is very active there and I have been the beneficiary of many of their recipes and suggestions. That is also the reason my screen name is Souschef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom