Blow That Dough! - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love cheese too, but I typically just buy a very good sharp cheddar and blue cheese from local suppliers.

What kind of cheese (cheeses?) Are you two purchasing from this location?

I don't think I've ever met a cheese I didn't like, including (often especially) the very stinky ones.

One of my hobbies used to be cheesemaking, when I had access to raw milk from a dairy farm. My personal specialty was washed rind, semihard cheese, similar to those from Belgian Trappist abbeys.

The bulk of my recent purchase was Gruyere, which we enjoy quite a lot. Considerably less expensive this way than I can buy it locally.

My father usually orders cheese from Widmer’s Cheese Cellars in Wisconsin every year for Christmas. My wife and I received a gift pack from my parents this past Christmas. It’s really good cheese and our gift pack came with some summer sausage that was also really good. I’d recommend checking them out if you’re in the mood to order more cheese in the future.

Comfort in the sunshine

Just ordered 4 chairs for our front (shared) patio.
FrontPatio_20140902_980px.png

The 4 $18 chairs will be replaced by 4 Polywood chairs $916
vqzbdyze3h0s2m0vzxb7.jpg

I love cheese too, but I typically just buy a very good sharp cheddar and blue cheese from local suppliers.

What kind of cheese (cheeses?) Are you two purchasing from this location?

Thanks, JP
I went all over the map, but mostly imported, dominated by French and Dutch cheeses. They had my favorite Bouche de Chèvre from the Loire valley, and oh it’s so good! The Volendam gouda-like cheese is also very good. I got some smoked magret duck breast which although domestic did remind me of the delicacy from the Dordogne. The goat Brie was also excellent. Haven’t opened the Auvergne blue cheese yet, but I’m expecting good things.

I don't think I've ever met a cheese I didn't like, including (often especially) the very stinky ones.

One of my hobbies used to be cheesemaking, when I had access to raw milk from a dairy farm. My personal specialty was washed rind, semihard cheese, similar to those from Belgian Trappist abbeys.

The bulk of my recent purchase was Gruyere, which we enjoy quite a lot. Considerably less expensive this way than I can buy it locally.

I got a couple of Gruyere too including one “cave aged”. Which did you get?

I got a couple of gruyere too including one “cave aged”. Which did you get?

Le Gruyère brand. It won the Silver Medal in the World Cheese Awards. I got two 5-pound wedges, which will keep us for a while. DW loves the sous vide egg bites I make for breakfast, and this is by far the best cheese to make them with. Much better than the Starbucks version.

I just looked it up on Amazon and was surprised at the current price. I paid $93 less than two weeks ago and now it's over 30% more.
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 5.56.35 PM.png

I ordered two pairs of sandals and a pair of sneakers online. I generally wear Birkenstocks constantly during the summer, but for some reason they are bothering the top of my toes on my left foot. So I ordered two different Teva styles (I have one pair that are my rainy-day sandals already, so I was confident of the size). The sneakers are the same New Balance model I'm currently wearing - I like them enough I decided to preemptively order an extra pair in case they discontinue it before I really need them.

Le Gruyère brand. It won the Silver Medal in the World Cheese Awards. I got two 5-pound wedges, which will keep us for a while. DW loves the sous vide egg bites I make for breakfast, and this is by far the best cheese to make them with. Much better than the Starbucks version.

I just looked it up on Amazon and was surprised at the current price. I paid $93 less than two weeks ago and now it's over 30% more.
View attachment 34843

Whoa, two 5 pound wedges! Do you cut it into smaller chunks and vacuum pack it?

We use the gruyère in omelettes and for my crustless quiches.

Whoa, two 5 pound wedges! Do you cut it into smaller chunks and vacuum pack it?

One of them is in the freezer, the other is being used. Like others, I've been making crustless quiches quite a bit lately, and it's wonderful for that. I also confess to just cutting a piece and eating it as a snack now and then.

Got back from Costco, $520.

Bought a 55" OLED + mount + Sonos system for $3100.

Got back from Costco, $520.

Big shopping trip?
I did spend over $700 there once when our kids were teenagers and it seemed everybody else's kids were at our house, also, for meals!!

Big shopping trip?
I did spend over $700 there once when our kids were teenagers and it seemed everybody else's kids were at our house, also, for meals!!

Costo sells some great wine these days. Caymus and Stags Leap are our favorite cabs. $80 for Caymus and $100 for Stags Leap, that can add up quick during a quarantine.

Big shopping trip?

Half of it was 3 pounds of halibut, 3 pounds of salmon, 2 pounds of king crab, 1.5 pounds of Macadamia nuts and a large bottle of Patron - :)

Half of it was 3 pounds of halibut, 3 pounds of salmon, 2 pounds of king crab, 1.5 pounds of Macadamia nuts and a large bottle of Patron - :)

YUM!
I'll be over for dinner:LOL:

One of them is in the freezer, the other is being used. Like others, I've been making crustless quiches quite a bit lately, and it's wonderful for that. I also confess to just cutting a piece and eating it as a snack now and then.

Yeah, we eat it straight too. Lovely.

Buying a new motorcycle. Hard to pass up deals on the Covid Re-opening sales! Finding enjoyment on dilly dally day drives, so, decided to add a riding toy to the mix.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    515.7 KB · Views: 80
I am thinking about one. My nephew purchased a cb500r. Mind telling me your price I am wondering what the discounts are? Nephew paid 4,200 but was left over 2018. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom