Dentist in Sarasota

inkitnow

Recycles dryer sheets
Darn. I found a great dentist in Sarasota and now my husband's insurance is changing. She is not in the new insurance network. So....I'm back to square one. Does anyone have a great dentist in Sarasota? I need one who is part of Bluecare (the Blue Cross/Blue Shield network).

Thanks.

Darn. I found a great dentist in Sarasota and now my husband's insurance is changing. She is not in the new insurance network. So....I'm back to square one. Does anyone have a great dentist in Sarasota? I need one who is part of Bluecare (the Blue Cross/Blue Shield network).

Thanks.

Just a thought for you: I have a similar problem with my particular "flavor" of bc/bs. My dentist is "out of network". The only issue is when his charges exceed the networks negotiated prices. At that point, I have to pay the difference. Everything else (deductible, co-pay, etc.) works exactly the same. Over the past 4 years, its' only cost me a few dollars extra OOP.

So, you might check with you insurance and see how they will cover you with your favorite dentist. You may find out it is not the problem you think. Of course, if it is, you will find that out and have to deal with it. Worth a try. Good luck and hey, YMMV.

Just a thought for you: I have a similar problem with my particular "flavor" of bc/bs. My dentist is "out of network". The only issue is when his charges exceed the networks negotiated prices. At that point, I have to pay the difference. Everything else (deductible, co-pay, etc.) works exactly the same. Over the past 4 years, its' only cost me a few dollars extra OOP.

So, you might check with you insurance and see how they will cover you with your favorite dentist. You may find out it is not the problem you think. Of course, if it is, you will find that out and have to deal with it. Worth a try. Good luck and hey, YMMV.

We did this for 15 years. We had found a great dentist we really liked and he was well worth the few extra dollars we had to pay. Sometimes it was only $1 extra for a procedure.

We did this for 15 years. We had found a great dentist we really liked and he was well worth the few extra dollars we had to pay. Sometimes it was only $1 extra for a procedure.

I'm soon to hit this problem too. I'm thinking it will be worth it to cover the non-covered costs for the benefit of a good dentist. I will have no dental insurance until I figure out where I can get it. :(

I'm soon to hit this problem too. I'm thinking it will be worth it to cover the non-covered costs for the benefit of a good dentist. I will have no dental insurance until I figure out where I can get it. :(

I realized how subjective dentistry can be back in 1985, when we moved to a town in Scotland. First visit to a dentist and he told me I needed 6 fillings (some new, some replacing existing fillings). However, I was not having any issues so I didn't go back. 6 months later I found another dentist and he found one filling that needed replacing, and I believed him because the tooth was sensitive.

I realized how subjective dentistry can be back in 1985, when we moved to a town in Scotland. First visit to a dentist and he told me I needed 6 fillings (some new, some replacing existing fillings). However, I was not having any issues so I didn't go back. 6 months later I found another dentist and he found one filling that needed replacing, and I believed him because the tooth was sensitive.

I'm glad you found the other dentist!

I live on the border of Sarasota but I travel to Venice to my dentist .( Dr.Novak ). I started with him when I lived in Venice and I trust him so I still make the trip .

Thanks.

I'm joining the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medicare Advantage plan in 2012 and some dental care is part of the benefit plan; however, I haven't received the list of dentists as of this date. I can give you a name of an individual to call on this subject. Name is Les Sturrock, agent for BCBS in Bradenton. He might be able to supply names of dentists that work in the BCBS network in Sarasota as that is part of the area he covers.

Les Sturrock, Agent
NHIA, Inc.
Bradenton, FL
941-896-3162 office
941-447-9860

That's the best I can do.

Thanks for your suggestions and referrals

Thanks to all who responded. You've given me some good names and ideas for beating the "insurance approval" list.

Back
Top Bottom