Directv Now

Agreed, but for a savings of over 50%, I can stomach some ads. Now I just have to convince DW, that'll be the hard part...

We thought the same thing. Lasted for all of a handful of days.

You have a point but I am now paying $171.65 for cable on three TV's(including HBO but no other premiums), plus Extreme Internet and phone. DVR is on only one set. I have a 4th set that has no box any longer as I don't use it often enough to justify the cost. The Direct Dish plan would give me whole house DVR on four TV's with 220+ channels including three premium channels and Red Zone and NFL Pass, at $77 including taxes. Add $60 for Extreme internet(I'm told it should not be more than that unbundled) and $10/mo for Ooma/Vonage, or less for Magic Jack (current offer $35 for a year) and I would pay $137-$147 for more channels and better services. That would not be a huge savings, but as I said, TWC is likely to up my bill substantially in January so I am doing my research to see what my alternatives would be.

Then in your case this would appear to be a good deal. I am simply stating that you can't just look at the price of the DirecTV Now service without factoring in all of the other considerations. Clearly you have done that.

What did you cord (or chord--maybe you are musicians :)) cutters do? Line up the new services and then contact the existing providers to cut them? Call the existing providers first to try to get a better deal and failing that, cancel and line up any new service? Keep your existing Internet provider and just kill the cable TV part?

I'm on my tab, so my response will be short...

We have had terrible issues with the service. Buffering, guide, app issues...it all has been quite terrible. Growing pains? Perhaps. Worth $35 a month? Not in my opinion...not right now.

So, buyer beware.

We subscribed to NOW on the first day. 100% agree with buffering issues and outages, plus the replay functionality for missed episodes does not cover the past two or three shows I wanted to watch. Also, despite subscribing to various channels via NOW, you cannot access their websites (like you can with normal DirecTV or a cable subscription) to access additional or missed content. Not sure it's worth the $35/mo.

Back
Top Bottom