ER- Tyson Style

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Mike Tyson has taken ER and is having problems that many of us have not encountered. Maybe he should look for PT work.

_________________________________________________-
I'm a street bum, says broke Tyson

By Anne Campbell, Metro
28 June 2004

Boxing legend Mike Tyson has been sleeping in homeless shelters and living like a 'street bum' since declaring himself bankrupt.

The former heavyweight champion of the world, who once had more than £165million in the bank and regularly earned £5million per fight, also said he has been accepting handouts from drug dealers.

He added: 'For two years I have been a bum, truly a bum in the streets.

'I've got nowhere to live. I've been crashing with friends, literally sleeping in shelters. Unsavoury characters are giving me money and I'm taking it. I need it. The drug dealers, they sympathise with me. They see me as some sort of pathetic character.'

Tyson, who will be 38 on Wednesday, will fight British boxer Danny Williams on July 30 in an attempt to make some money.

But he is so deeply in debt that even the £7.6million to be paid to him by promoter Don King to settle a lawsuit will not lift him out of the red.

He said: 'When I had money I was an animal. I was so belligerent. I lost all across the board. My life has been a total waste.'

Tyson, who served three years in jail for rape in the 1990s and who bit off part of Evander Holyfield's ear during a 1997 fight, still thinks he can be heavyweight champion again.

He added: 'I know I was a tough, bad-ass talking fighter, but I ain't no mob figure. I did my time for the rape. I paid my money to Las Vegas. I paid my dues.

'I ain't the same person I was when I bit that guy's ear off.'

I'm a street bum, says broke Tyson...sleeping in homeless shelters and living like a 'street bum' ...bankrupt .... accepting handouts from drug dealers.... £7.6 million to be paid to him by promoter Don King to settle a lawsuit will not lift him out of the red....'I ain't the same person I was when I bit that guy's ear off.'
What goes around comes around. The jerk thought that he was invincible and d/n have to plan at all. He could have been comfortably ER at 38, instead of wasting it all. Hard to believe that he went through all £165million!

Yep:
some sort of pathetic character

We'd probably be surprised how fast it goes when everybody has their hand in the cookie jar... even a jar that big.

Yep, a big "posse", wild spending and a money grubbing manager will do that for ya quick. If that doesnt, some time in jail, divorces, and whatnot will take care of the rest.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned his two ex-wives -- Robbing Tyson I and Robbing Tyson II. To the rich dudes on this board, get a pre-nup.

Pre-nups aren't always enforced... better just to skip marriage if'n you want to keep your hands on your stash.

I am happily remarried. I would never have married
anyone without a prenup. My spouse knew this and thus suggested we sign one. A no-brainer if there ever was one. Even with the best intentions, things can
go wrong. Anyway, in some situations a pre-nup
is the smart way to go. Ask Donald Trump.

John Galt

From the Washington Post:

According to bank records Tyson's attorneys submitted to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Tyson earned $38.38 during January. His living expenses during that month were more than $407,000.

Poor guy! How can you live on $407K/mo?

We should send ***** over there to help him with his SAFE withdrawal rate.

I predict a knockout in the first round.

In fact, I'd pay $50 for a pay per view...

TH, you are cracking me up, both here and in the joke forum over there in Hell.

The rules of engagement will be important in predicting the outcome. For example, is talking allowed? ***** in the 3rd round. Is hitting allowed? Hmmm, could be Tyson lasts a little longer.

Anne

Notice TH and Anne have an "ear" for Tyson humor.

John Galt

Its ok, he said he was on drugs then and thats why it happened.

I'm sure he's well away from those bad drugs at this point.

I dont think tyson would be a patient listener, plus he's not a terribly reasonable person, so he probably wouldnt make the mistake of looking for any reason in those long SWR diatribes. :p

One factor which is not clear yet, but could be important: can ***** punch? Better yet, can he run? Fast?

TH, I'm so relieved to hear that Mike Tyson is off of drugs. Living on the street like he is, having drug dealers fund his next meal, you'd think he'd be tempted. How wonderful that he has been rehabilitated!

:D
Anne

Back
Top Bottom