Ex-Employer Wants Me Back???

Well, I did get contacted via e-mail. I talked with the DAG about actually traveling to their office to look over the project materials, but the outside attorney said there was no need to travel and she only needed me for a few hours.

I proposed $150 an hour plus expenses or if less than 8 hours total a lump sum of $1500 plus expenses. I thought about it and if this is less than 8 hours, hourly is just not worth my trouble. Just doing the taxes on the few hundred bucks would take an hour or two.:mad:

Waiting for a response.

flyfishnevada said:
Well, I did get contacted via e-mail. I talked with the DAG about actually traveling to their office to look over the project materials, but the outside attorney said there was no need to travel and she only needed me for a few hours.

I proposed $150 an hour plus expenses or if less than 8 hours total a lump sum of $1500 plus expenses. I thought about it and if this is less than 8 hours, hourly is just not worth my trouble. Just doing the taxes on the few hundred bucks would take an hour or two.:mad:

Waiting for a response.

They'll do 9 or 10 hours then. ;)

Believe me, 2500/day, minimum 2 days is the way to go. You don't want to do this! Why make it financially attractive for them to abuse you?

(I know I am repeating myself!)

For those of you waiting for a resolution to this:rolleyes:, I met with the attorney today. About 6 hours of discussing the project and three hours driving for me. Made a cool $1500 plus mileage and meals. Not bad. Any future questions will be billed at $150 and hour in quarter hour increments, probably by phone or e-mail.

Was pretty easy and laid back. The attorney was really friendly and easy on the eyes to boot:cool:. Easy money. Just wanted to follow up. Now with this complete, you can all go back to your lives.:LOL:

Thanks for the report.

Swwwweeeet!

Yep, gotta get back to my life I've put in suspension for two and a half months. NOT! Thanks for the update. You can wipe that cheesy smile off your face now. :LOL:

I am happy to hear that it all worked out. Sounds like a Win-Win deal!

For those of you waiting for a resolution to this:rolleyes:, I met with the attorney today. About 6 hours of discussing the project and three hours driving for me. Made a cool $1500 plus mileage and meals.
Whew-- no subpoena.

What happens to the money-- can it be deposited in an IRA as earned income, or does it fall into some sort of non-taxable category like "reimbursement"?

Whew-- no subpoena.

What happens to the money-- can it be deposited in an IRA as earned income, or does it fall into some sort of non-taxable category like "reimbursement"?

I am guessing it was N.R.I.T.S. Non Reportable Income To Spouse...........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For those of you waiting for a resolution to this:rolleyes:, I met with the attorney today. About 6 hours of discussing the project and three hours driving for me. Made a cool $1500 plus mileage and meals. Not bad. Any future questions will be billed at $150 and hour in quarter hour increments, probably by phone or e-mail.

Was pretty easy and laid back. The attorney was really friendly and easy on the eyes to boot:cool:. Easy money. Just wanted to follow up. Now with this complete, you can all go back to your lives.:LOL:
You came back without photographic reminders?:dance:

Whew-- no subpoena.

Naw, the $1500 is taxable and it's going into my Jeep. It's only $1500 and I don't wanna wait 14 1/2 years to spend it.

You came back without photographic reminders?:dance:

I thought snapping pictures of the attorney with my cell phone might make things awkward.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom