Finding a Job After Being Retired

It's unusual.
Our dentist sold his successful business with all clients to a dental school graduate, moved to his hometown and ERed when he was in mid-40's.
I used to make fun of our pediatric dentist's Christmas cards, which usually showed a group portrait of him smiling amid 18 or so gorgeous knockout supermodel-quality hygienists and administrative staff. The photo captions should have been "Why is this man smiling?"

Today the joke's on us. He's turned over the business to his twin daughters, who are both brand-new pediatric dentists and even more gorgeous than his staff. Of course now he has to find something else to do all day, but at least he knows his business is in good hands. Why was he smiling indeed...

It's unusual.
Our dentist sold his successful business with all clients to a dental school graduate, moved to his hometown and ERed when he was in mid-40's.
Yes, I could not believe it when I heard it. One thing I did not ask, and my sister-in-law might not know either, was whether her dentist wanted to become a construction carpenter, i.e. doing framing carpentry, or a fine cabinet maker. I hoped it was the latter.

I also did not think of asking about his practice. I assumed that he sold it and not just closed it down. Anyway, I would understand if he would simply retire, instead of following the "true calling" that he discovered that late in life.

I used to make fun of our pediatric dentist's Christmas cards, which usually showed a group portrait of him smiling amid 18 or so gorgeous knockout supermodel-quality hygienists and administrative staff.
Ah, so how did you get this pediatric dentist to make an exception to take you as a patient?

Ah, so how did you get this pediatric dentist to make an exception to take you as a patient?
By "our" pediatric dentist I mean "my daughter's pediatric dentist".

He was mine only to the extent that we paid the bills...

Here, before REWahoo points out that I've rendered this thread worthless, his daughters are to his left & right:

Attachments

• Why is this man smiling 2010 edition.jpg
    Why is this man smiling 2010 edition.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom