Good news/bad news

kz

Recycles dryer sheets
The good news is our home insurance decreased by approx. 8% this year.

The bad news is our health insurance premiums went up by 15% this year. Ouch.

How did you all do in these areas?

I just moved to AZ and had planned to get their high deductable health insurance but is going to shoot up by over 21% in October so I'm getting their more expensive but better valued option. It only went up 11.4%. :LOL: :'(.

Our renters insurance went down 5% and our Health insurance went up 15%

House insurance stayed exactly the same. I lowered it 15% by switching companies though

I get medical insurance as part of my retirement so I dont pay directly for that, BUT I'll throw this medical insurance info out in case anybody is keeping score.

Big bro is 51. Overweight. now ongoing medicl problmes excepot aches and pains. One dr said he was type II diabetic but made no recomendations. The other doctor said..."What diabetic?" Lives in Pennsylvania

Just signed up for an HMO from Blue Cros/Blue Shield. Cost $287.00 per mo/3444.00 per yr. That seemed way cheap to me. Anad apparently this is fairly comprehensive because I know he's a stickler for that. I know people have problme with the whole HMO thing but still this struck me as quite affordable for a 50+ fat guy.

razztazz said:
No. With all that math he could HAVE been a math professor

Weren't you just correcting my grammar? :LOL: Looks like you were typing with one hand again.
Big bro is 51. Overweight. now ongoing medicl problmes excepot aches and pains.

Weren't you just correcting my grammar? Looks like you were typing with one hand again.

Except that you are incorrect . One is quite obviously a typo. The one I corrected is blatent knowledgelessness of English. In fact is was a word usage commonly seen in Eubonics

Don't confuse typos with bad English. It's warrantless pendantism to be sh*tcaned with distain in order to improve the world

Sh!tcanned?

:p

Can't RE this year, damn it, but if I could, my health insurance would cost $400 through the company retirement plan, which will probably die a horrible death before I get there...

razztazz said:
It's warrantless pendantism to be sh*tcaned with distain in order to improve the world
Shouldn't that be pedantry, sh*tcanned, and disdained? :LOL: ::) 8)

=astro, pedant to the stars

Except that you are incorrect . One is quite obviously a typo. The one I corrected is blatent knowledgelessness of English. In fact is was a word usage commonly seen in Eubonics

Don't confuse typos with bad English. It's warrantless pendantism to be sh*tcaned with distain in order to improve the world

I am honored to be in your thoughts so much that you would personally attack me for the use of my grammar. Between your typos and my so called bad grammar, both our english teachers should be fired! :LOL: I don't see that one is any worse an offense as the other.
The eubonics comment is surely a sly racist comment. But I won't dignify that with a reply. You have just shown your true colors and it don't look very gud un u.

Astro, you missed the chance to correct:

blatant, "knowledgelessness" isn't a word, and Ebonics...
people in glass houses....

Sarah :D

hee. A little pedantry goes a long way ;)

=astro, wondering if Eubonics is a euphemism for Ebonics or a natural evolution of the word (and forgetting what few linguisitics concepts and terminology I once picked up in anthro class)

astromeria said:
Shouldn't that be pedantry, sh*tcanned, and disdained?  :LOL: ::) 8)
=astro, pedant to the stars
Hey, a good editor can make anyone appear articulate & erudite.

Of course some authors require more editing than others to get to that level...

By the way, I believe that the term you're all fumbling for is "Ehbranics"!

HSA monthly cost rising from $216 to $219, won't know about homeowners/auto ins until June '07. Maybe in June I can Geico my way outta this thread. :D

Homeowners went up 32%, but half of that was due to losing the "new" home discount when the company changed its rules as to how old a house can be to be considered "new".

Health insurance has gone up 33% and 35% for the last two years. My former employer seems to be reducing their share of the premium. But I am glad to have the coverage.

My homeowner's insurance only went up fractionally, from $782 last year to $795 this year. It renews in January, so it'll be coming around again soon. As for health insurance, they take out $20 per paycheck (every two weeks) which they've been doing for awhile now. I remember it used to be $14 per paycheck, but went to $20 in mid 2005 IIRC. When we went into 2006 the premium didn't go up, but the copay went from $20 to $30 per visit, and I think some other deductibles went up.

Back
Top Bottom