Got my first pension check...

CindyBlue

Full time employment: Posting here.
...this past Friday. Not enough to live on, but still...they are paying me for not working! Gotta love it!

I still have mine - are you going to frame it?

I actually just have the receipt - it's direct deposit so I don't have the actual check in hand. But I think framing that receipt is a great idea! Thanks!
Whee!

DH just expressed that last night--"It's been three years and can't believe I am being paid not to go to work."
Enjoy your retirement!

I actually just have the receipt - it's direct deposit so I don't have the actual check in hand. But I think framing that receipt is a great idea! Thanks!
Whee!

pru mailed me the first few until I got ach set up so I took a photo of the check and deposited it that way

Congrats. We'll be getting wife's colad pension in May!!. Mine since 2017 and hers now Time to blow that dough. Hard to loosen the strings though.

I’m about to get my 81st pension deposit. Time sure flies!

Congrats! Must feel nice to get the extra revenue stream coming in. After running the numbers in IOrp I currently plan to start taking mine at 59 1/2 so I have a good while to go.

Congrats, must be surreal! I don’t have a pension, but I expect to feel the same about my first Soc Sec check in 5 years - until I see the taxes on 85% of it...

Last edited:
And if you still have a pulse at the end of the month they send you another one!

Congratulations. DH is coming up on 10 years retired and still giggles that he gets paid for doing nothing. And he's so good at it!

Enjoy your retirement!

I'll get my 17th one on January 1. It truly does make me smile each time I see that automatic deposit hit my bank.

Enjoy them - they're a dying breed...

Congratulations! Getting that first check was a great feeling, and a concrete sign that I was really and truly retired. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

Congrats!

I've got a ways to go until I get my own pension--but I get DH's little itty-bitty "early retirement" pension each month, and I laugh that the company I work for is paying me twice (since he worked there too).

Congrats!
Enjoy every minute!

I traded my nonCOLAed pension for a lump sum at age 63, after 41 years.
Dumped that considerable sum into my IRA.

Will claim SS in new year. With DHs SS and tiny pension added in, we should not need to take much from IRA monthly.
Sad about new SECURE act but not enough to pay taxes now to move to Roth. They will figure it out.

Sorry, rough day at the office...

DB plans are definitely having some challenges nowadays no doubt

I started one about a year ago from my old mega - not that huge but it pays my real estate taxes :mad:

I'd like to get additional annuity income but with interest rates being this low it's really $$$$$$

...this past Friday. Not enough to live on, but still...they are paying me for not working! Gotta love it!

It’s amazing, isn’t it? An old friend sent me an email the day he received his first payment with the subject “Magic Happens!”. I got to see what he meant about a year and a half later when my first direct deposit showed up.

What was even better was when the second one came the next month. That’s when I knew “hey, I could get used to this!”. [emoji3]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom