Got my first pension check...

Many Happy Monthly Returns! I’m 388 days away from my 1st (of hopefully many) pension checks. I’m 1,118 days away from that 1st (of hopefully many) SS payments as well.

The funny thing is that I used “to worry” about not having enough $$.

I

...this past Friday. Not enough to live on, but still...they are paying me for not working! Gotta love it!

Same here. Not much in terms of direct deposit dollars, but a lot better than nothing!

Last edited:
Just got my 6th pension (non government) 1st of Jan. Had t make it a paper check so it counts for 2020, not DD for 2019 for IRMAA & Roth eligibility. Just switched it back to DD. Unlike SS, the estimates of which kept going up year after year, my pension kept dropping (unless I was promoted with a larger raise) because of the screwy way my company calculated it as an estimate. As SS increased, the pension decreased, though the net amount was always higher. Company logic was they paid in to SS, so they got to claim some credit. Still, my single one with 27 years credit ended up being 35% of my last years base pay and is twice the size of my first engineering paycheck out of college, and back then, I thought I was rich! It is 4 times larger than both of DWs teaching ones combined (two states, 15 years each). All 3 cover required expenses nicely, and our SS (when I file) will be almost as much again. Agree 100% that it is very nice to be paid for having a pulse!

Received my first “stay@home” paycheck in February 2019. Received a nice 3% “raise” this year so I must have performed well during the year :<)

Feel more than blessed to be in this position, I have to pinch myself some mornings as I reach for my second cup of Kona coffee after dropping off my daughter to school. Life is good...

...this past Friday. Not enough to live on, but still...they are paying me for not working! Gotta love it!
Congratulations! I have just completed one year in retirement. Recieving that very FIRST well earned retirement check is quite exciting! Cheers mate!

Back
Top Bottom