Home Improvement

The new range was delivered today;

42804849041_b5634c3aa4_o.jpg

GE Profile induction range with convection oven. Blow That Dough - :)

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 48
The new range was delivered today;

42804849041_b5634c3aa4_o.jpg

GE Profile induction range with convection oven. Blow That Dough - :)

Nice! DS has that kind of cooktop and it blows me away how fast water seems to boil etc on it vs the gas stove I have (and love). I still have trouble with how the controls work to even turn it on :LOL: but he and his DW are amazing cooks and just love it—when they renovated their kitchen they replaced the older induction with another one.

Nice looking kitchen RobbieB.

Nice! DS has that kind of cooktop and it blows me away how fast water seems to boil etc on it vs the gas stove I have (and love). I still have trouble with how the controls work to even turn it on :LOL: but he and his DW are amazing cooks and just love it—when they renovated their kitchen they replaced the older induction with another one.

Thanks. Yeah I like it. Had to toss some non magnetic stuff I had and replace with magnetic. I do a lot of steamed veggies and this is the nazz for that app! Boils an inch of water in the big steamer pot in a couple minutes, then just throttle down so a little steam exits.

Ordered up a new induction tea kettle which I'm really looking forward to. By the time I get the tea bag out of the cupboard and out of it's wrapper and into the teapot the water should be almost there - :)

My front porch/step was in dire need of a work over/make over. I was going to paint the one that was there but it needed work so decided to build a new one with red cedar and brick. Took a few evening and half a day on Saturday to finish.
http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28762&stc=1&d=1529161655

That's beautiful!

Also at some point you might want to add a hand rail, which is helpful to many of us as we grow older. But you are probably not that age yet. (I am... :) )

That's beautiful!

Also at some point you might want to add a hand rail, which is helpful to many of us as we grow older. But you are probably not that age yet. (I am... :) )

Yes that is my thought also. I will install two white vinyl posts on either side of step with lights on top is in my plan. A rail around would be nice but to keep it sturdy is my dilemma.

Yes that is my thought also. I will install two white vinyl posts on either side of step with lights on top is in my plan. A rail around would be nice but to keep it sturdy is my dilemma.
I used these to put a rail round my porch. They are aluminum, so they are sturdy and there's no maintenance to speak of, and they were very simple to cut and fit to the size I needed. Available in black or white, $120 for either a 6' "level" or "stair" panel, posts are $44 each (plus brackets, etc). I think they look quite good.

^ thanks and that is an idea. In fact all the material in the porch/step in from Menards and will be going back in about a month and will look the product up.

That sounds great! And if it is possible to add samclem's railing, that would be nice too. Either way would give you something extremely sturdy for people to hang on to. I like your idea of lights, which would provide even more safety.

^ thanks and that is an idea. In fact all the material in the porch/step in from Menards and will be going back in about a month and will look the product up.

It is a special order item at my Menards, but the store has a panel on display so you can see/touch what you'd be getting. The panels go on sale a couple times per year for about $99, or you can just buy what you need during one of their frequent 11 percent rebate sales (store credit for 11 percent back). The base bracket could be lag screwed right into your wood decking, a trim bezel covers everything. Good luck!

Not sure if it's home improvement or blow that dough but:

We've been doing some projects. DW said get a hammock; we'll both use it; it's for two people. Well after I worked for an hour and half assembling, guess who's sleeping?

Our driveway was gravel and a PIA when I had to snowblow (hopefully much more snow blowing next year). I'm still not sure about the job. They laid too much asphalt and are supposed to come back and remove the last 8' next to the county road. We will see if they show.

I talked to the HOA and the county about what still needs done. They were very nice, but made it clear it's my problem. Worse case, I'll hire the removal of the offending 8' of asphalt next to the road. The county road guy says they all know the setback laws but pave out to the end, adding a hundred+ square feet to the estimate. I need to get it taken care of. The neighborhood spy has already been snooping around. She's a retired FBI person and just can't help herself. [emoji6]20180614_151338.jpeg20180613_184142.jpeg

Fridge in kitchen complete;

43259769621_599b84b9d7_o.jpg

Next up popcorn ceiling removal, painting and new flooring - :)

Next up popcorn ceiling removal, painting and new flooring - :)

Are you doing the popcorn ceiling removal yourself? I did in our last house- slow, messy work but I did it during the winters over a couple of years. Evil stuff.

My two latest improvements: just had a "smart sprinkler" control added to my existing sprinkler system. I can run it from my phone and it's calculated optimal sprinkling times now that I've input the characteristics (slope, vegetation, soil type, extent of sun/shade) in each zone. The second is about to start: plantation shutters in a set of windows in the kitchen- right now that side gets a lot of sun and it's a couple of degrees warmer in the kitchen because of the sun load. From Costco, of course.

Ceiling work - removal, retexture and paint will be done by pros. Thirty eight hundred bucks for the whole house about 1200 sq-ft which is minus the kitchen and bathrooms.

Ceiling work - removal, retexture and paint will be done by pros. Thirty eight hundred bucks for the whole house about 1200 sq-ft which is minus the kitchen and bathrooms.
That is a fantastic price.

Did mine myself and threw out my back. Paint alone cost a few hundred. But it looks great! :)

Robbie, it is water over the dam for you, but for others, I suggest they do the popcorn first. It is so messy, even despite their dust shields and stuff. Just a suggestion, not a requirement.

Which is why I go out and buy myself a nice bauble every time I finish a major job- which has included tiling, popcorn ceiling removal and wallpaper removal.:D I still come out ahead.

I'm installing (DIY) a security screen door as we speak. One of these from Home Depot.

I rented their truck for $19 to drive it home - :)

But the big jobs are not for me anymore. The little construction and installation I like but not the serious stuff.

I'm installing (DIY) a security screen door as we speak. One of these from Home Depot.

But the big jobs are not for me anymore. The little construction and installation I like but not the serious stuff.

Now I see. Yeah, we do the same thing (a Home Depot truck) :)

I just got home from our lake house where I am digging 120 feet of footings with a jackhammer, pick and shovel. Building a 4 car garage is my last big project in retirement. Next up, getting my concrete mixer up and running.

Back
Top Bottom