Home Improvement

All done, 3 days and out!

42478067751_3a9035981d_o.jpg

Good installation job. Are the cabinets on top a different color from the ones on the bottom or is that the lighting? Are you re-doing the floor?

Looks great, Robbie! Your kitchen layout is identical to ours. I'm redoing ours soon. A few questions:

1. Your tall panel to the left of your fridge location. Did you do this because you are going to panel your fridge like your cabinets?

2. Are you putting a vent hood above the range location? If so, does it vent through the upper cabinets or is it ventless?

3. Assuming you will have a microwave - where is it going?

Thanks! We're pretty jazzed - :)

Cabs are all the same color is called cinnamon.

The tall panel is there to support the 2X deep over the fridge cabinet

I have a brand new range hood a Broan BDCJ130SS that is vented straight up and out the roof on 5 feet of duct.

Ordered a new Panasonic commercial microwave for the counter top. It will live on the other side of the fridge panel.

Thanks! We're pretty jazzed - :)

Cabs are all the same color is called cinnamon.

The tall panel is there to support the 2X deep over the fridge cabinet

I have a brand new range hood a Broan BDCJ130SS that is vented straight up and out the roof on 5 feet of duct.

Ordered a new Panasonic commercial microwave for the counter top. It will live on the other side of the fridge panel.

Thanks! I never thought of needing extra support for the 2x deep cabinet.

Robbie, your new kitchen is looking great! I hope you will enjoy it.

Looks very nice. Love the counter tops. We had ours remodeled recently. You spend a lot of time in the kitchen, may as well have it as nice as possible. Blow that dough!

Ours is like this, too. Every lower cabinet box is full-extension drawers only (except the sink cabinet). Some cabinets have three drawers (deep drawers for pots, casserole dishes on edge, etc), some are up to five high (implements, spices, knives, wraps, etc). I was not totally sold, but DW insisted and she was 100% correct. Roll-outs are okay (better than low shelves), but they eventually scrape up the inside of the doors and getting at things is a two-step process, it is a one-step process with drawers. We love 'em, money well spent.

+1 here... our cabinet guy talked us into mostly drawers for the kitchen renovation we are doing at our winter condo this summer... at our summer home we have mostly roll-outs and the notion of a one-step process with the drawers was very attractive after our experience with rollouts... if we like them at our winter condo then we may put them in at our summer home when we redo the kitchen in a few years. We did make one base cabinet doors as well as the sink cabinet, but all the rest are drawers.

Very nice!

Thanks! They really did a sweet job with good materials.

42478067211_3d00f6a09a_o.jpg

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot...

Yup new floors everywhere, whole house new floors. New paint and new floors. Blow that dough!

Now thinking 10mm waterproof laminate for half the house.

As an aside, I wonder if anyone has ever heard of this.... our cabinet doors are scuplted somewhat similar to what you see in Robbie's photos.

Our cabinet guy called the other day and wanted to know if we wanted the bottom drawer front of the base cabinets with drawers sculpted similarly.... he said that a lot of people are doing that these days to add a little pizzazz compared to just slab drawer fronts.

Has anyone seen this or done this? It was totally new me.

Our cabinet guy called the other day and mentioned that he had a boat payment coming due [-]wanted to know if we wanted the bottom drawer front of the base cabinets with drawers sculpted[/-].

FIFY

Robbie--
It looks lovely!

Don't know if you have looked into floors yet but they sell a product called Luxury Vinyl that has great reviews and is reasonably priced , you can put it down yourself . My son and I did a room in our house in about 3 hours . like laying dominos , everything snaps together.

Our cabinets in our country home was hand built by a guy who just got out of Huntsville prison . They are kind of cool lots of glass and spotlights . Nothing like it . he learned how to do it in prison . Sad to say I feel I almost got them for free.

As an aside, I wonder if anyone has ever heard of this.... our cabinet doors are scuplted somewhat similar to what you see in Robbie's photos.

Our cabinet guy called the other day and wanted to know if we wanted the bottom drawer front of the base cabinets with drawers sculpted similarly.... he said that a lot of people are doing that these days to add a little pizzazz compared to just slab drawer fronts.

Has anyone seen this or done this? It was totally new me.

I don't know if I've seen raised panel on the top cabinets and flat panels on the bottom, whether you have drawers or doors. I have cathedral raised panels at the top and the same on the bottom.

Tht was the term that I was looking for.... cathedral raised panels. In my experience typically one has raised panels for wall and base cabinet doors and slabs for drawer fronts... and that is what we have at this point.

But he is also suggesting changing the base cabinet bottom drawer fronts from slabs to raised panel and I have never seen that done and wonder what it would look like.

Are you saying that your base cabinet drawer fronts are cathedral raised panels rather than slabs?

ETA: Actually, after a little googlg I found some pictures so ti seems fairly common to have the drawer fronts in raised panel too... interesting that we haven't had that in any of our kitchens that I can recall.

Last edited:
All of my doors and drawers have the same pattern on them except for the 5 little "mini drawer" stack. Those are plain fronts and they also have no slides, but they are full length. This little cabinet is on the right of the stove and me thinks it will be good for all the various "cooking tools" like spatulas and spoons and ladles and perforated spoons.

The left side has a 3 layer pull out spice and sauce rack that will see good use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom