Honey doo orientation......

GoneFishing

Dryer sheet wannabe
Well... todays my first day of retirement; however, my lovely wife just started me on my two week honey doo orientation. Makes me wonder if I just jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Anyway, after thirty years of work, it was a very strange feeling waking up and not going to work. Guess the wifey just wants to make sure I dont get to comfortable to soon. :nonono:

My wife did not ask me to do anything after I retired. Been retired 6 months still no change. I have been working through some household fixes on my own time.

I am done being under the whip! If my wife tried to wield it she would be gone.

But she is great! No problems.

I remember when I was w*rking, this one guy had celebrated 40 years at megacorp. I always wondered if he stayed that long because he loved the j*b, or perhaps it was the lesser of two evils for him.

remind her it does not "need" to be done this weekend. next week is fine. you do not have to go back to w*rk, so there is plenty of time.

and if you show some initiative and chip away it helps.

Is she still working? Maybe she resents the fact that you can retire and she can't. I agree with REWahoo... not a good start at all.

If she isn't working, then I'd suggest finding a hobby that takes you out of the house, like golf. And when you are home, a lot of talking to find out what is going on.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I've learned that hot chicks think guys who do honey-dos are hot.

This can lead to problems with the neighbors, so now I usually do my [-]honeys[/-] honey-dos at home.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I've learned that hot chicks think guys who do honey-dos are hot.

This can lead to problems with the neighbors, so now I usually do my [-]honeys[/-] honey-dos at home.

If the guy volunteers to do these honey-dos out of the clear blue, then yes. If he has to be nagged, fuggedaboutit.

I worked 48 years before I retired so nothing said here. I guess I really do not even qualify for this early retirement forum? I do have a friend that is 58 and on disability. His wife is on him all the time because she works and he plays golf. Whats he on disability for? you tell me. oldtrig

I worked 48 years before I retired so nothing said here. I guess I really do not even qualify for this early retirement forum? I do have a friend that is 58 and on disability. His wife is on him all the time because she works and he plays golf. Whats he on disability for? you tell me. oldtrig

If you are retired while still above ground you are qualified!:cool:

If the guy volunteers to do these honey-dos out of the clear blue, then yes. If he has to be nagged, fuggedaboutit.
Posted on MANteresting.com:
"Ladies, if a man says he'll do something then he'll do it. There's no need to keep nagging at him every six months."

This is a dangerous condition which must be nipped in the bud. Therapeutic relaxation is crucial to achieving a full recovery.

Rx:

R&R q 6 hourly or prn for 3 months. Renewal x 1.
Not to be taken with honey-doos.

Dr Meadbh

This is a dangerous condition which must be nipped in the bud. Therapeutic relaxation is crucial to achieving a full recovery.

Rx:

R&R q 6 hourly or prn for 3 months. Renewal x 1.
Not to be taken with honey-doos.

Dr Meadbh

What can you say? You have to follow doctor's orders. Let your wife know that you need time to decompress.

Tomorrow:

The greatest labor saving device ever invented by man.

Hearing "what did you do today?" from DW takes on a new meaning when you retire... :bow:

Maybe it's time for you to switch to full-time fishing?

No idea if your wife is still working or was stay-at-home, or whatever, but we (now both retired) never had a honey-do list tradition. Somehow all the things that need to get done, get done, with us both contributing.

Although whenever only one of us was working full time, the other pulled most of the weight with the household chores. And this arrangement ended when we were both retired.

Last edited:
Regular trips to the local public library helped me in the beginning, until DW finally started started feeling comfortable with the thought that I was a legitimate daytime resident in our humble abode. It still works as a safe house when I need a quick getaway.

"Bye, honey, see you in a couple of days when I get back from my fishing/hunting/birdwatching/navel gazing trip."

Regular trips to the local public library helped me in the beginning, until DW finally started started feeling comfortable with the thought that I was a legitimate daytime resident in our humble abode. It still works as a safe house when I need a quick getaway.
I still can't get my head around that point of view.

Pass the ball into her. Ask her to make a do list. And then conveniently lose it.

Pass the ball into her. Ask her to make a do list. And then conveniently lose it.

Better yet, present her with a list of stuff she is supposed to do.

First of all, congratulations on your retirement!

Regarding the "honey doo" list, I would advise your wife to chill for a bit. My DH spends an average of 3 hours a day "working" in his [-]detached garage[/-] man cave. He's got a computer, cable TV, and lots of toys including his Kubota tractor out there. Dude worked hard at the same place for 35 years and deserves time to do what he wants even if that's nothing. We divide up the chores and do them when we feel like it. Last thing either of us wants is someone putting on pressure to "be productive".

Attachments

• despair-poster-procrast.jpg
    despair-poster-procrast.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
:facepalm:

Attachments

• I_can_handle_my_wifes_honey_do_list.gif
    I_can_handle_my_wifes_honey_do_list.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 177
Back
Top Bottom