How much to do need to live off of in RE

MRGALT2U said:
Hello Kitty.  All of the regulars know my story and yes..........you have it right.  The quote of mine you posted is literally 100% accurate.  Not only is 25K annually comfortable for us, we own two (2) residences, three (3) boats and
two (2) vehicles all free and clear.  My personal net worth has
increased significantly since I semiretired in 1993 (no stocks).   And..............
I have not yet started drawing on SS or my IRA.  So, yeah, you should
"stop worrying"    :)   

JG

Darn no what will I do ?
I am real good at worrying got the act down so I can do it in my sleep. I am accused of doing my work the same way :eek:

I know one shouldn't wish their life away but... I have 392 days to freedom-now I have to get a new act :LOL:
Kitty

Wellllll

During the first eleven yrs of ER - I worried a lot while things worked out well and ER got better and better.

Now in the 12 th year I worry that I'm not spending enough.

I probably have the worry gene - you know like some people are born with the happy gene.

I accept worry as normal and try not to take myself too serious. Also - have let go the urge to 'go someplace do SOMETHING BIG' in ER. You know - write a book, join the Peace Corp.,climb Kilaminjaro, scuba dive Bora, Bora - etc. etc.

Doing nothing in particular - and if the mood strikes - just go do it - is just ducky with me.

unclemick2 said:
Wellllll

During the first eleven yrs of ER - I worried a lot while things worked out well and ER got better and better.

I probably have the worry gene - you know like some people are born with the happy gene.

I accept worry as normal and try not to take myself too serious. Also - have let go the urge to 'go someplace do SOMETHING BIG' in ER. You know - write a book, join the Peace Corp.,climb Kilaminjaro, scuba dive Bora, Bora - etc. etc.

Doing nothing in particular - and if the mood strikes - just go do it - is just ducky with me.

I think I know what you mean of all the things I have worried about almost all of it didn't amount to much. As far having to do something I have had a struggle with that also. I feel as though I should do something.... Then again I have done something I have had two careers I've done enough time to do what I want when I want and if that is take a nap in the hammock then that is what it will be.
Kitty ::)

Kitty said:
I think I know what you mean of all the things I have worried about almost all of it didn't amount to much. As far having to do something I have had a struggle with that also. I feel as though I should do something.... Then again I have done something I have had two careers I've done enough time to do what I want when I want and if that is take a nap in the hammock then that is what it will be.
Kitty ::)

Yesterday I took 2 naps. ER.......you gotta love it! :)

JG

unclemick2 said:
Wellllll

Good post unclemick (I like your style). I do have the urge to "Do something BIG", but it wouldn't be anything to jeopardize our meager
pile. Sadly, as time goes by the options for this (some big dramatic
move/adventure) diminish. It's natural but I don't have to like it.
Anyway, we have a pretty nice life just the way things are so..............
no complaints. I just remember all of the big adventures I never quite got to.

JG

Notth said:
And I have to go to the store to get some dang beer...
Do you let the gas tank in your car run dry? Do you drain your water heater before you refill it? Do you make Gabe use his last diaper before you buy a new pallet?!? Ye gods, man, how could you run out of ethanol?!?!

My wife said the same thing when she asked if she could get me another one yesterday and I said we were out. "How the hell did you let THAT happen?"...

Usually I keep a case lot out in our fancy dan GE garage refrigerator (which is NOT happy with the 100 degree weather we're having this week). And I fill up gas tanks at halfway so the wife never has to do it. And dont even ask about diapers. My wifes eyes roll whenever I mention that I just got another great diaper deal off of amazon. In fact I'm still running a $40 amazon credit from the last deal, and I've been spending about 8c a diaper...

Like I said in another thread, the analysis just finds other outlets...

Back
Top Bottom